Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst II
Ball Aerospace is currently looking for a Software Quality Assurance Analyst to perform testing and analysis on new project, Digital Engineering Manufacturing (DEM), that will transform Ball Aerospace’s processes, tools, and procedures to support our vast and growing business. The successful candidate will report to the lead DEM tester and work closely with subject matter experts, developers, integration specialists, project managers, and product managers to ensure thorough, repeatable, and scalable test cases.
What You’ll Do:
- Create and execute on test cases, scenarios, scripts, and procedures across multiple systems and disciplines.
- Document defects, using a bug tracking system, and report defects to project team.
- Document test procedures using test management tools to ensure repeatability and compliance with business processes.
- Review technical documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, completeness, and to mitigate risks.
- Build base of smoke tests to ensure applications and systems are functioning.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, the Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- 5 years of recent experience in software quality assurance, including test cases and data preparation; manual testing techniques, and automated testing techniques preferred.
- Ability to work and communicate well with cross section of business to include SQA, product management, development, and subject matter experts.
- Understanding and functional knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle databases.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Strong system testing skills.
- Ability to work in multiple SDLC’s.
- Test Case management skills using Silk Central Test Manager and Azure DevOps preferred.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and product lifecycle management concepts preferred.
- Software Integration, Change Management, Agile Methodology preferred.
- Knowledge of SSIS, SSRS, and Biztalk preferred.
- Knowledge of the following Software Applications: Dassault Systems, ERP systems (IFS) preferred.
- Performance automation/testing preferred.
- Test automation skills using SilkTest Workbench preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.