Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 8,700 organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
We are looking for software engineers who thrive in a startup culture working alongside teammates to launch products that will be utilized by customers across the globe. As part of the Software Engineering team, you’ll have ownership of one or more projects on various teams including backend/infrastructure, mobile, firmware, or frontend/UI. You will work across the full software stack and collaborate cross functionally to build the latest iterations of Verkada’s flagship software enabling our best-in-class security systems.
- Build scalable distributed systems capable of handling high traffic from 100s of thousands of devices deployed around the world.
- Work with high concurrency key-value storage systems (Redis, DynamoDB)
- Develop large scale systems to interact and configure the camera fleet remotely, including image tuning, image processing and video exporting.
- Maintain the offline processing queue for reliably generating video exports in the face of unreliable remote connections.
- Specify and add API endpoints to change camera image tuning properties.
- Architect distributed real-time data connections between camera → cloud → user.
- Build a high-performance, multiplexing video transcoding service.
- Define and improve service-oriented architectures.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, something similar or equivalent work experience.
- Internship experience developing and launching products.
- Comfortable working in an agile team software development environment.
- Familiarity with REST APIs, ability to read python server code a plus!
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Verkada requires the successful completion of a background check, including a criminal record check, as a condition of employment.
Read Full Job Description