Senior Software Engineer - Mobile (iOS) at Sittercity
Sittercity, a Bright Horizons company, is a technology platform working to reimagine the childcare industry. Finding, hiring and managing high-quality, trustworthy and enriching child care has never been simple, for parents or caregivers. We want to change that. At Sittercity, you can imagine and create solutions that will revolutionize a multi-billion industry and bring relief to parents and care providers alike, all while having a lot of fun! Boost your career as we launch into our next phase of growth and help build a platform that changes the way child care works.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Mobile (iOS) at Sittercity, you’ll join a squad of teammates drawn from a variety of disciplines. You’ll work on an app that solves real problems for thousands of users. You will work on implementing a variety of new features and improving existing ones, touching all aspects of iOS development. You’ll have direct input into product decisions, and engage in ongoing consideration of the user research and analytics that guide our decision making. We value diversity of opinion, openness to feedback, and continuous learning. We strive to produce quality software, and you’ll join us in our ongoing quest to improve our tools and skills.
- Contribute excellent code to new features, supporting accessibility and design priorities.
- Debug and maintain code written in Objective C and Swift.
- Review PRs, providing and receiving thoughtful feedback.
- Work as part of a cross-functional team to deliver needed improvements and features.
- Participate in weekly planning, grooming and retrospectives, and contribute to estimating the scope of tickets.
- 3-5 years of professional iOS development experience.
- Experience with Swift/Objective C interoperability
- Experience with RESTful APIs, GraphQL or both
- Experience with unit testing, and writing testable code
- Comfortable being the iOS developer on a cross-functional team
- Interest in mentoring and learning from fellow team members
- Familiarity with Apple’s ecosystem, including subscriptions and in-app purchase.
- Familiarity or experience with mobile build servers
- Experience working on a middleware server or BFF (Backend For Frontend)
- Android experience
- Ruby or Ruby on Rails experience
Recognized as a Chicago Innovation Award winner and one of the best places to work by Crain’s and Built In Chicago, we offer an inclusive, innovative, and fun environment that rewards passionate and curious individuals. You will receive the following benefits:
- Support for flexible and remote working environments
- Generous paid time off policy, including sick and holiday
- Industry leading parental leave
- Health, dental, vision, disability, life, and 401(k) matching
- Sittercity membership, back up child/adult/elder care, and child care center discounts
- Tuition assistance, college coach, and enhanced family support
- Company events, social outings, and volunteer opportunities
Sittercity is committed to hiring a diverse workforce. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital or familial status, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, or any other basis as prohibited by federal, state or local law. Sittercity participates in E-Verify and background checks all employees.