Senior Software Engineer - DevOps (Remote-Eligible) at Brandfolder (Greater Denver Area)
Brandfolder is looking for a talented and motivated Sr. Senior Software Engineer focused on DevOps with a passion for self-healing systems, uptime, scale and automation to enable our platform’s growth as a leader in Digital Asset Management. You will inspire the most recognizable brands in the world, including TripAdvisor and Slack and GettyImages clients by enabling our engineering teams success. Our business is built on finding great people and getting out of their way while they build and improve our award-winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering. On the Brandfolder team, you will bring a focus on system health and transparency to security, infrastructure and configuration changes. Your efforts and experience will allow us to continue to scale our team, databases, and global cloud footprint.
Who are we looking for? You have a passion for implementing security best practices. You are comfortable with monitoring tools. You know how to increase uptime numbers for applications. You are excited to administer multi-billion row databases. You advocate for Infrastructure as Code.
Do you want a role where your contributions directly affect the success of the company? Will you make a name for yourself at Brandfolder? Our team is passionate, curious, eager, and humble. We believe in having fun, both inside and outside the office, and being flexible to expand and evolve our culture as our team grows. We embrace that each interaction and opportunity for feedback helps us grow individually and collectively. We face the challenges ahead of us as a team and work collaboratively to solve them; see our blog https://brandfolder.team.
For the state of Colorado, the range of starting pay for this position is between $143,000 and $179,000. In addition, this role will be eligible for a market competitive annual bonus and RSU stock grant upon accepted offer.You Will:
- Implement configuration changes via Infrastructure as Code (terragrunt, terraform)
- Evolve CI/CD deployment tooling against several cloud-native managed services (Google Cloud Run, Google Kubernetes Engine)
- Constantly improve observability, metric collection and monitoring of services
- Drive database health with team members to support continued performance and growth
- Champion security best practices across infrastructure and application surface areas
- Evolve Kubernetes environments and advocate best practices for operating at scale
- Optimize and debug application code written in Python, Golang, Ruby
- Leverage cloud services in Google Cloud Platform
- Oversee critical work in an autonomous manner
- 6+ years experience as a Software Engineer
- 4+ years experience with cloud infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Azure) and DevOps
- Positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Comfort with scripting languages and using code to solve problems
- Strong knack for picking up new tools and technologies, continuously learning
- Ability to own the full development lifecycle
- Have a passion for troubleshooting and finding solutions in a production environment
- Strong ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
Perks & Benefits:
- HSA, 100% employer-paid premiums, or Buy-up medical/vision and dental coverage options for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- Flexible Time Away Program, plus Incidental Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!