Senior Frontend Engineer - New Products at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:38 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, December 3, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re building the operating system for the physical world.
We started in 2016 with video security cameras and an intuitive cloud-based platform, and in just six years, we've expanded to include five additional product lines (access control, environmental sensors and alarms, as well as visitor and mailroom management) that help enterprises to protect and manage their people and assets.
Today more than 14,000 organizations across 63 countries worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, intelligent control, and scalable deployments. We are valued at $3.2 billion, with $360 million raised in venture capital from investors including Linse Capital, MSD Partners, L.P., Felicis Ventures, Next47, Sequoia Capital, Meritech Capital, and First Round Capital.
This is just the beginning. The need for businesses to secure and manage their people and physical assets with scale and speed is mission critical and continues to increase. Our teams are energized by the complex challenges we work on and the platform we are building to make the schools, hospitals, businesses and communities that we live and work in safer.
As a member of the Software New Products team, you will create the look and feel of how customers interact with Verkada’s custom-made hardware, web-based assets and utilize the security data collected.
- Enable the web UI to process computer vision data.
- Develop and maintain low-latency video multiplexers that proxy and transcode camera feeds to different browsers with a custom front-end video player.
- Comfortable leading whole projects from design to implementation.
- Optimize decoding functionality for 4K video.
- Work cross-functionally to continuously deliver Verkada’s products to customers on-time.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years experience developing and launching products.
- Experience building re-usable components, utilizing CSS pre-processors and building pixel perfect user interfaces.
- Comfortable working in an agile team software development environment.
- Experience working with a modern web framework such as Angular.js, React or Vue.
- Familiarity with REST APIs, ability to read python server code a plus!
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description