At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Senior Engineer – Strategic IRAD Systems Engineering Lead
Join the Missions and Space Vehicle Strategic Engineering Team at Ball Aerospace - a diverse group of motivated problem solvers who are providing the direction for our engineering future . We're excited about the projects we're involved in and have a strong commitment to the missions we enable. Offering growth opportunities at all levels of skill and experience, we're looking for leaders and innovators who can continue our strong reputation for creativity and technical excellence, while helping to define the future of Ball.
We're seeking an independent, action-oriented systems engineer to lead and integrate strategic research and development projects within the missions and space vehicle portfolio. In almost no time, you will be a key contributor to our missions!
Make a difference. Love what you do. Realize your full potential.
What You'll Do:
- Lead a technical team performing research and development on new technical capabilities and improvements to shape Ball Aerospace’s competitive advantage in the future.
- Define architectures and support trade studies as needed to execute to IRAD objectives that lead to and support new business pursuits.
- Understand, define, and manage capabilities and requirements.
- Support cost, schedule, and technical status reporting to internal/external customers
- Collaboratively define, quantify, manage, and report technical risks.
- Support project milestones/gates with appropriate analyses, presentations, reports, and coordination.
- Support and be directly involved with incremental assembly, integration, and test strategy to adequately demonstrate compliance to requirements and interface integrity.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information if required to be subject to a government security investigation.
- Space hardware experience preferred.
- Systems Engineering experience with any of the following: requirements management; interface control; assembly; integration; test; demonstration; configuration control; team design; risk management; technical reporting.
- Strong customer service, accountability, professionalism, and interpersonal skill.
- Strong critical thinking skills that result in effective decision making and priority setting.
- A drive for results and executional excellence.
- Team building skills with a player/coach mindset.
- Attention to detail that leads to complete, high-quality engineering products.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $129,500 - $163,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.