- Be responsible for building the software and firmware that goes onto the devices we ship to our customers: Verkada Access Control units, Verkada Card / BLE readers, and future devices we will soon be launching.
- Own the full engineering cycle end to end, including scoping, architecture and low level design, solutions trade-off, development with test driven and data driven methods.
- Proven track record of methodical problem solving skills, debugging skills and overall excellent logical thinking skills. Strong motivation to build quality products that are reliable, performant and sustainable.
- Growth mindset and willingness to learn new technologies that are critical to product development.
- Work with product management and cross functional teams to build and ship features that delight users and customers.
- Contribute to other parts of the stack (e.g. our backend services), if that interests you.
Education and Experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or closely related degree or equivalent experience.
- At least 2+ years of work experience in a software or firmware engineering role, or 1+ year with advanced degree, but we are hiring at all levels
- Proficient in C or C++.
- Prior work experience in owning SW features or projects end to end with production launch is a major plus
Nice to have
- Prior work experience in SW development on HW products, for example, working knowledge of common low-level interfaces: SPI, I2C, UART, working knowledge of FreeRTOS and Embedded Linux
- Experience with networking and wireless communication protocols.
- Experience programming in Go and Python.
- Experience reading schematics (basic EE skills).
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits