Reliability Engineer at Verkada Inc (Peninsula)
| Peninsula | Hybrid
Sorry, this job was removed at 3:56 p.m. (CST) on Monday, April 11, 2022
By clicking Apply Now you agree to share your profile information with the hiring company.
Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
As a member of our hardware team, you will support the development, validation, and manufacturing of Verkada’s full product line. Verkada’s Reliability Engineers ensure we are shipping high performing, high quality products which exceed customer expectations.
- Develop test specs & testing methods to ensure Verkada’s products meet and exceed a wide variety of challenging requirements (environmental, electrical immunity, shock/drop/vib, etc).
- Lead design reviews & provide guidance throughout the product life cycle to identify and mitigate reliability risks as early as possible.
- Work with in-house equipment, overseas suppliers and 3rd party test labs to carry out your experiments. Get hands-on with hardware testing; build fixtures & jigs as needed.
- Analyze test results and associated statistics to draw conclusions regarding product or part performance. Document results and recommendations clearly and concisely.
- Participate in failure analysis efforts related to reliability tests. Work closely with ME, EE or manufacturing team members to determine the root cause & potential corrective actions for any issues.
- Help guide the development of factory test plans and in-process QC tests. Provide feedback on test specs, fixtures, SOPs, and statistical relevance of various test metrics.
- Assist in compliance testing and various certification efforts.
- Help guide the selection, testing and evaluation of various mechanical, electrical and optical components (e.g. lenses).
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
- 4 years experience in a hardware engineering or testing environment
- Experience with a broad base of reliability test types covering both mechanical and electrical testing
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards and test methods for enterprise or industrial products used in harsh outdoor environments
- Hands-on experience setting up and executing tests
- Ability to travel up to 15%
- Experience reviewing 2D & 3D CAD drawings
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Read Full Job Description