Clearance Requirement: A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Principal Architect – Tactical Solutions
This technical position is for A technical leader who is creative, flexible, and comfortable handling many diverse and sometimes open-ended assignments for internal and external customers. The ideal candidate will have expertise in mission analysis, mission architecture, and electronic warfare (EW) technology.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide engineering support across multiple and diverse new business pursuits by developing concepts to meet customer mission needs.
- Provide systems engineering support to technical teams to define architectures for complex airborne EW systems.
- Objectively define, execute, and report on trade studies that provide data for decision making to our customers.
- Leverage Model Based Systems Engineering.
- Creatively apply our heritage and expertise to solve customer problems in novel and cost-effective ways.
- Mentor other systems engineers in systems engineering and architecture development.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers/management/customers.
- Support technical proposal development.
- Motivate team members by keeping them informed of program-level objectives, execution strategy, and mission goals.
- Own the physical realization of an airborne EW system
- Work with our prime and government customers to effectively translate mission-level needs to system requirements
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- MS in Physics, Engineering, Systems or a related technical field is strongly preferred.
- Experience with Radio Frequency (RF) and/or EW preferred.
- Customer Relationships: Extensive knowledge of missions and customers across core technologies areas. Knowledge/experience working with critical customer base, established relationships with key personnel within customer community.
- Demonstrated experience leading multi-disciplinary teams in relevant business environments.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and analyzing mission concepts.
- Demonstrated experience in all phases of hardware program execution, including early planning, design reviews, manufacture, assembly, integration, test, sell-off, and operation.
- Demonstrated experience in systems engineering processes, including mission analysis, use cases, requirements development, concept of operations, requirement allocation, change management, verification and validation.
- Superb presentation skills with documented presentation experience to senior decision making and technical audiences.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $142,000 - $179,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.