At DASH we are building the future of aviation-enabled logistics where one-day deliveries anywhere in the world are just as possible, convenient, and cost efficient as mailing a package down the street. We do this through the commercialization of our novel, nimble, aerial delivery platform. Simply stated - we deliver the technology that allows any airplane, helicopter or drone to safely, effectively, and legally release and land cargo precisely into an area smaller than a helicopter pad, from virtually any altitude.
Our vision is to drive the costs of one and two day air cargo down by orders magnitudes while dramatically increasing efficiency at all points in the middle and last mile logistics chain – In other words, our technology is the enabler that allows for Amazon Prime one day (and the like), anywhere in the world, regardless of proximity to major infrastructure. In support our effort, we are building a world class team of engineers and operators to turn defense technology into the future of air cargo.
We are a diverse and energetic team comprised of aerospace, engineering, and operations experts from Aerojet, Raytheon, US DoD Aviation, and the professional services industry obsessed with aviation, UAM, UTM and generally the future of aviation-enabled logistics. We are an equal opportunity employer positioned at the epicenter of aerospace: Hawthorne airport.
Location: DASH Systems HQ, 12101 Crenshaw Blvd #1, Hangar 13, Hawthorne, CA 90250
- Aid in the development of flight test & evaluation plans as it relates to key program milestones and objectives
- Coordinate with the Director of Test & Evaluation in establishing and organizing test day tasks; including but not limited to acquiring/organizing test equipment, conducting dry runs of test activities, organizing, and updating all relevant flight test documentation
- Ensure proper planning and execution of all test efforts; bench, ground, multirotor and airdrop testing
- Assist in the design, development and instrumentation of component level test fixtures built to meet respective inter-departmental requirements
- Analyze and interpret data collected during test evolutions
- Generate post-test reports
- Provide continuous improvement inputs as it relates to flight test planning/development activities, as well as operator safety and technology development
- Bachelor’s degree in aerospace, mechanical, systems, electrical or equivalent engineering discipline
- 2+ years in a test related field and/or relevant test engineering experience
- Experience with various data acquisition systems, test equipment, sensors and measurement techniques
- Ability to design component level test stands, integrate instrumentation, route wiring and program data collection
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; both in presentation and technical writing
- Strong attentional to detail and accuracy
- Ability to collaborate with a rather small team, as well as taking ownership as an individual contributor
- Self-starter with strong organizational and problem-solving skills; ability to work with minimal supervision
- Strong passion for aviation, autonomous systems and developmental test
- Master’s degree in aerospace, mechanical or other engineering discipline
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Hands-on design, fabrication and assembly experience
- Ability to think at a high-level and drive decisions towards simplicity and efficiency
Benefits and Opportunities
- Opportunity to participate in dynamic aviation operations, flight test & evaluation, and a general immersion in all things aerospace in Southern California.
- Fortune 500 caliber benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and unlimited PTO.
- Opportunity for early equity (option format).
- Full time, with potential for remote work up to 20%.
- Conveniently located at private hangar next door to Space X, Tesla at Hawthorne Airport.
- The challenge and freedom to operate with autonomy while solving problems in support of the future of aerospace logistics!