Information Security Engineer at John Deere (Chicago, IL or Remote)
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois - Moline
Function: Technology (CA)
Title: Information Security Engineer - 90112
Onsite/Remote:Partial Remote Position
As an Information Security Engineer for the Enterprise PKI Team based in Moline, IL, you will enable delivery teams to build security into their products and services. You will enable cryptography solutions including, but not limited to, certificate lifecycle management, code signing, and key management. This includes providing services (e.g., reviews, consulting, and coaching) and leading development of solutions (e.g., playbooks, tools, policies, and standards) that help teams understand and implement cryptography-based controls. To accomplish this, you will:
- Work within the delivery team to define, enable, and scale security practices leveraging modern cryptography and security principles, including certificate lifecycle management, proactive monitoring and alerting, and automation components.
- Proactively engage with delivery teams to grow their knowledge of cryptography services provided by the enterprise and provide easy-to-implement security solutions for teams.
- Partner with external vendors to deliver best in class solutions and integrations with internal systems and provide operational support for core PKI services
- Drive enhanced service delivery through process improvement and automation
- Partner with other Global IT Security SMEs to support security standards and guidelines and create new cryptography standards and guidelines as threats and technology solutions evolve.
Visa Sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Three or more years of experience in delivery of complex IT solutions and/or in an Information Security Engineer role
- Three or more years of expertise in system administration, supporting multiple platforms and applications, and change management as well as secure networks, systems, and application architectures
- One year or more being proficient with automating solutions, including scripting, API integration, and code signing
- AWS and/or Azure experience and familiarity with DevSecOps principles
- Understanding of Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), cryptography, and/or key management solutions.
- Proven experience in an Agile/Scrum team environment
What Makes You Stand Out
- Familiarity with certificate policies and creation of certificate practice statements to ensure proper management of PKI environment and adherence to policy
- Experience with key management and other cryptography related concepts
- Proven experience with process improvement through automation
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go while working in an inclusive team environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit Pension)
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere locations
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for personal use
Click Here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
The terms of the applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the language of the official Plan Documents will control.
ACA Section 1557 Nondiscrimination Notice
The John Deere Health Benefit Plans for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.