Industrial Engineer I - Electro Optical Manufacturing at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Industrial Engineer I – Electro Optical Manufacturing
At Ball Aerospace’s Westminster Colorado location, we develop and manufacture state of the art RF & sensor technologies that are integrated onto tactical missile and aircraft platforms. If you’d like to join our rapidly growing operations team in a mission to help the warfighter, this could be an ideal role for you. This Industrial Engineer I role will report into our Manufacturing & Test Operations team and support activities within our Imaging and Surveillance business. This is a challenging and dynamic role that includes value stream analysis, simulation modeling, project management, and facilities planning. This opportunity requires a results-driven individual, with passion for continuous improvement, and experience applying Lean Manufacturing tools.
What You’ll Do:
- Perform various analysis of the value stream ensuring proper layouts, material flows, and available capacity enabling successful program execution.
- Use simulation software to identify current value stream constraints as well as the effects of business growth on factory capacity.
- Facilitating teams through improvement activities.
- Support the value stream team by improving work cell layouts, implementing and improving Kanban’s, driving material handling solutions, and performing various data analysis.
- Establish and manage new processes to support customer needs.
- Forecast and plan manufacturing growth including floorspace, equipment capacity, tooling, and technicians required to meet quantities and schedules.
- Perform a broad range of analysis including queueing, DOE’s, production planning and control, SMED, time study, value stream mapping, process flow diagrams, FMEA, quality function deployment, etc.
- Execute capital projects from analysis/problem definition, to requirements gathering/equipment selection, thru installation/validation.
- Engage and report to senior operational and engineering leaders, team members, and stakeholders to gain alignment on implementation plans and success metrics.
- Maintain an intense focus and continuous presence where the work is performed. Take daily Gemba walks, go and see to gather the facts, and develop a deep and thorough understanding of the process and facts.
- Influence others with a Lean coaching approach (respect for people, “go and see” behavior, put problems first, and continuously intensify collaboration).
- Be accountable, drive accountability within the organization, and put problems first with a sense of urgency.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A proven Industrial Engineering skillset that demonstrates a strong aptitude for simulation modeling, queueing analysis, value stream analysis, and project management.
- Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma experience.
- A creative approach to problem solving and an appetite for experimentation.
- A problem-solving endurance that persists in the wake of initial setbacks.
- Experience aligning and influencing fellow employees without direct functional responsibilities.
- Strong presentation skills to communicate with senior leadership.
- An innate mentality that seeks dynamic gains over static optimizations.
- A strong focus on the horizontal flow of value across several supporting organizations.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading projects and/or teams.
- Demonstrated aptitude for collaboration, recognition of individuals strengths and areas for improvement, and an ability to manage misalignment between individuals and/or groups.
- Eagerness to develop the skills listed above.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $76,000 - $94,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.