Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 8,700 organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
As a Hardware Engineering Intern at Verkada, you’ll contribute to the design and development of new cameras, access control systems, sensors, and other enterprise IoT products. Verkada’s Hardware Engineers own all aspects of the electrical design from prototype through to mass production. You’ll make a big impact — your designs will be a part of future products that Verkada ships.
- Partner with experienced engineers to design and validate our hardware products.
- Design and execute experiments to test new circuit concepts.
- Schematic capture and layout for systems and/or test boards.
- Learn to work with our manufacturing partners to drive ongoing improvements to efficiency.
- Pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering or a similar field; nearing graduation (winter 2022 - spring 2023).
- Available for an extended term (6-8 months).
- Experience with electronic test equipment, schematic design, and board level validation.
- Startup Mindset: As a fast-growing startup, every day brings new challenges and opportunities for growth, and we want you to grow with us!
Perks & Benefits
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance
- Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.
Verkada requires the successful completion of a background check, including a criminal record check, as a condition of employment.
Read Full Job Description