Engineer Senior - System Integration & Test - Classified at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer Senior – System Integration & Test - Classified
What You’ll Do:
- Lead the design and development efforts for a spacecraft or instrument Integration and Test (I&T) program.
- Conduct functional and environmental testing on spacecraft or instruments and related electronic, electro-mechanical, or electro-optic components and systems.
- Generate, interpret, implement, and monitor test requirements from system,
- detail design, and contract specifications.
- Author test plans and write, review, update, and implement test procedures for the purpose of prototype, qualification, and acceptance testing.
- Maintain required test engineering logs, records and author test summary reports.
- Provide technical oversight and support to technicians and
- Lead the design, development, build, and certification of automated
- electrical ground support equipment.
- Provide technical and cost guidance to new business pursuits and proposals.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 8 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Experience in key electrical systems design for space avionics, point and tracking, and sensors, and circuit designs such as microprocessors, FPGAs, command and telemetry designs such as MIL-STD-1553, LVDS, VME, cPCI, low noise analog, 1394 "firewire", and custom designs are desirable.
- Hands-on experience in the testing of spacecraft or instrument related electronic and electro-mechanical components and systems.
- Experience in procedure development for Ground Support Equipment (GSE) supporting flight hardware Test.
- Experience in environmental test design.
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to supervise large teams of technicians and senior-level engineers of multiple disciplines.
- Proven experience with establishing and controlling schedule and budget.
- Knowledge of MIL-STD 1540 and MIL-STD 810.
- Experience in the complete life cycle of electronics development: requirements definition, architectural design, detailed design and analysis, manufacturing, test, integration, and post-delivery support.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $120,500 - $152,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.