Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of Position
Provides equipment, process knowledge, sound problem solving techniques, and statistical support to optimize the Tapered Cup manufacturing process. This position will support the Global Tapered Cup Business Unit and use data analysis & lean principles to drive continuous improvement of cycle times, spoilage, quality performance, etc. Work with Production and Engineering to execute process improvements for all lines and products. Maintains a broad understanding of other engineering disciplines and of equipment functions used in the plants.
- Promotes a safe and secure work environment. Design safety into the manufacturing process.
- Conducts all work with communication and coordination involving appropriate engineering and plant organizations.
- Originates, solicits, investigates, and suggests improvements to electrical equipment, systems, and processes for the purpose of increased productivity, reduced cost, or improved reliability. Focuses on equipment and process automation, product handling, line control, and process data sharing to support Tapered Cup manufacturing. This includes integrating new technology to improve processes (cameras, sensors, etc.)
- Leads structured problem solving teams for tapered cup manufacturing to optimize production, reduce product cost, and improve quality. Uses appropriate Lean, Six Sigma and data analysis tools to analyze quantitative and qualitative measures to provide actionable information for data-driven decisions and problem solving team support.
- Leverages knowledge of technology improvements in electrical engineering, communicates their existence to the engineering and manufacturing areas, and proposes/coordinates implementation or evaluation of such innovations.
- Champions process optimization through systems, data analysis, data sharing, process troubleshooting, root cause analysis, innovation, supporting plant teams, and collaborating with equipment/system vendors.
- Prepares electrical check-out procedures and participates in check-out and acceptance of equipment and systems.
- Works with outside consulting firms and vendors using design control, power distribution, and support & service systems. This includes reviewing drawings and documents for suitability and compliance with project requirements.
- Upgrade PLC programs for new hardware installation. Upgrade equipment to improve maintenance repair time.
- Rewrite equipment programs to optimize line balancing per Ball Production/Engineering guidelines. Integrate line output with production tracking systems to assist production in data collection and troubleshooting.
- Perform start up and standby of equipment assigned areas and shall be able to operate and debug machinery. Assist in training Engineering and Production in new equipment and programming procedures.
- Develops KPIs, SOPs, and document workflows to improve the efficiency of the Tapered Cup. Creates dashboards to track KPI progress, workflows to ensure timely updating/review of SOPs, and infrastructure to ensure gains are maintained and improved upon. Utilizes BPLM, Infinity, CTT and other related systems to build and create data systems which optimizes performance of each machine related to Tapered Cup manufacturing OEE and AU resulting in continuous growth and optimization of systems, performance, and culture.
- This role will be working in our Rome, GA plant a majority of the time, however it will be considered a remote position.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education in Electrical Engineering
- Job related experience for 3- 5 year(s) minimum
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
- Have experience leading process improvement teams along with the influencing of operation teams.
- Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Self-directed and pushes self and others for results.
- Illustrates composure, professionalism, and patience while being comfortable with change and attacking the unknown
- Excellent communication/facilitator.
- Ability to apply standard evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Priority Setting (Time Management). Spends time and the time of others on what’s important; quickly zeroes in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside; can quickly sense what will help or hinder accomplishing a goal; eliminates roadblocks; creates focus.
- Experience communicating and presenting to senior leadership.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 68,000 - 101,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 10
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans