Engineer II - Manufacturing Paint Automation at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Engineer II – Manufacturing Paint Automation
At Ball Aerospace’s Westminster Colorado location, we develop and manufacture state of the art RF & sensor technologies that are integrated onto tactical missile and aircraft platforms. If you’d like to join our rapidly growing operations team in a mission to help the warfighter, this could be an ideal role for you. The Paint Automation Engineer will be accountable for maintaining paint automation systems for current parts and developing the programming necessary for future production. When not supporting automation, you will provide manufacturing engineering support for paint shop. The opportunity requires a result driven individual, with passion for continuous improvement, and experience applying Engineering tools to provide technical solutions.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide hands-on manufacturing engineering support for products and processes within an aerospace paint shop.
- Maintain, Troubleshoot, and Develop Paint Processes with a focus on automated systems
- Create and write Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) on automated paint processes.
- Train paint technicians per SOP.
- Modify, refine, and provide input on paint schemes to ensure repeatability.
- Analyze data, evaluate, and implement improvements to meet quality and schedule requirements.
- Perform design reviews of drawings, procedures, and engineering orders for completeness.
- Contribute to generation of manufacturing schedules that meet program schedule milestones.
- Demonstrate the ability to organize information, job tasks, and manage time for most efficient and effective performance. Establish personal objectives; sets expectations of self that are aligned with organizational and departmental goals.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA degree or higher in Engineering or a related field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Paint Automation Experience Required
- Experience creating and editing paint robot program paths desired.
- Experience with Fanuc Controllers and HMI programming a plus.
- Robotic & PLC Programming Experience (Rockwell) a plus.
- Ability to maintain excellent rapport with internal and external customers.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $92,000 - $114,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.