Ball Aerospace is powered by endlessly curious people who promote a sense of belonging and equality with an unwavering mission focus. We pioneer discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. What's more, our company balances listening to experiences, providing feedback, and partnership at all levels to create a more inclusive environment. Our team members are able to fully invest in the work that they do, bringing dynamic thinking and energy to Ball Aerospace.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Engineering Strategic Capabilities Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Engineer II - Embedded Software
The Engineering Capabilities Unit at Ball Aerospace is looking to expand our team with a talented and energetic software engineer focused on delivering high-quality, high-reliability embedded software This position consists of working on a tightly integrated team supporting a broad portfolio of cutting-edge products including spacecraft, space-based instruments, and tactical systems. Technology areas include real-time embedded systems, Linux, C/C++, Python, and Ruby, among others.
What You'll Do:
- Support embedded software development on instruments, sensors, and spacecraft with varied missions such as: providing more accurate weather reporting; observing our planet and universe; and supporting national and air defense.
- Perform full software life cycle functions including requirements, architecture, design, code, test, integration, documentation, and support.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Capabilities Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree and/or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A current, active Secret security clearance is required.
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Designing, developing, and testing software using programming languages such as C, C++, or Ada.
- Understanding of and experience with embedded / real-time operating systems such as Linux, VxWorks, or Integrity.
- Experience in developing test, simulation, or data processing applications in high-level languages such as Python, Ruby, or MATLAB.
- A working knowledge of waterfall and/or Agile lifecycles and activities in each phase.
- Experience with formal software development practices including the use of software configuration management, coding standards, and style guides.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or cleanroom, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $104,500 - $129,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.