Engineer I - Manufacturing - Continuous Improvement at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Engineer I - Manufacturing - Continuous Improvement
Provide Manufacturing Engineering support for Tactical RF aperture and electronic products in a high mix / low volume aerospace environment supporting our mission to help the warfighter on advanced technology platforms.
The Producibility Industrial Engineer provides technical support to ensure our products, tooling, and processes are optimally designed for manufacturability across the Manufacturing Value Stream. Reports to the Producibility Manager.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure manufacturing producibility by guiding the manufacturing team in developing and implementing improvements in methods, tooling, and procedures for the manufacture of products across the manufacturing value stream and for ensuring quality, efficient, safe, and cost-effective manufacturing results.
- Actively participate in our risk management process for Risk and Opportunities.
- Seeks to understand each Manufacturing Work Cell’s constraints to determine systems-based solutions to help drive YoY cost reduction through Lean system solutions.
- Guides the manufacturing team in Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma and KATA coaching skills to identify/solve problems and to improve hardware producibility.
- Works collaboratively with cross-functional teams including with the manufacturing and quality team to continually improve all processes including Design for Manufacturing, Design for Producibility (DFP), Design for Assembly (DFA).
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA degree or higher in Engineering or a related field is required plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- A passion for solving problems in a team environment.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Design of Experiments.
- Attention to detail and strong collaboration skills.
- Work is performed in an office and production floor.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $76,000 - $94,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.