Client Platform Engineer at Atlassian (Peninsula)
If you love learning new systems and technologies, striving for continuous improvement and adding real value to a business then Atlassian has a superb opportunity for you. As a Client Platform Engineer in our Workplace Technology team, you will work as part of a growing global team with the goal of delivering world-class technology.
We are looking for an experienced Client Platform Engineer, to help guide the design and development of highly scalable business application solutions. This position will be responsible for our existing MDM solutions including Jamf Pro and Workspace One as well as developing creative solutions to support the needs of our business evolving virtual desktop requirements.
More About You
- We love people with a healthy balance of technical ability and a passion for helping users. You research and play with new technologies in your spare time, and you know how to translate complex technical ideas for non-technical people. You don't take things at face value because that's the way they are done', but rather seek to understand the reasons and then take steps to improve. You are tenacious in pursuit of understanding, getting to the bottom of an issue to prevent it from recurring, and help the team by documenting your journey and successes.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Proven experience with macOS MDMs and troubleshooting, using the terminal, device enrolment program (DEP), configuration profiles and everything else macOS in the enterprise.
- Well-developed skills with Windows MDMs, including experience with Group Policy Objects (GPOs), Configuration Service Provider (CSP) and the usage of ADMX files.
- Experience with iOS and Android MDMs, including the management of a BYOD (bring your own device) fleet.
- Skills with managing virtual desktop environments preferably AWS Workspaces, both persistent and emphereal instances.
- Solid scripting, web services and REST APIs experience, in particular skills in bash, python and powershell.
- Exceptional customer skills to provide an outstanding support experience to our employees. You'll be an escalation point for IT support teams and work with customers directly on their toughest issues.
- Great communication skills across all mediums - you can make your ideas clear and easily understood via Zoom and Slack as well as asynchronous methods like project pages.
- Ability to design, test, build, and document solutions for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Established skills working with production environments, supporting operational issues and fixing critical incidents.
It is great, but not required, if you have experience with:
- Working with information security, compliance and audit teams on complex issues like HIPPA and FedRAMP requirements.
- Implementing and managing a Windows Autopilot process.
- Managing SaaS applications like Google Workspace (GSuite) or Slack.
- Configuring and maintenance of SAML integrations.
- Identity access platforms like Okta or Cyber Ark.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .