Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you love finding innovative solutions to complex problems? Then join the CloudSec team to work with us in our mission to secure our cloud platform & products.
As a Software Engineer on our team, you’ll help build one of a kind platform to secure Atlassian’s cloud infrastructure & products. You will get to work on building and operating a set of high throughput low latency systems built on top of open source technologies that are on the verge of becoming the new industry norm.
If you have great creative problem-solving skills, embrace DevOps and YBIYRI, and have a real passion for teamwork, then come and join us on our adventure to build a unique, modern, scalable security platform.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Experience developing and operating microservices at scale.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Golang, C++, Python, Java
- Solid understanding of application performance and designing low latency, high-speed web applications.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. You will need to explain your proposals well enough that others understand their value.
- U.S. Bachelor or higher degree, or its equivalent, in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management or a closely related field of study.
We'd be super excited if you have:
- Experience building service from the ground up is preferred – from gathering requirements, design, build, deploy, and ownership.
- Experience building and securing microservices
- Experience contributing to open source communities
- Experience building, automating, and maintaining authentication services like Kerberos, LDAP, etc.,
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.