Emergency Management Planner at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Security and Mission Assurance Strategic Support Unit provides discriminating support to the business to ensure success. We focus on threat identification, risk assessment, and mitigation while improving the efficiency of the business through effective governance and analysis of process, data and overall business knowledge.
Emergency Management Planner
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure the development and management of the full spectrum of emergency management related plans including strategic plans; operational plans; policies; procedures; job aids and checklists. This includes creating, reviewing, updating, and managing applicable documents and plans.
- Support and integrate the “all-hazard” methodology into the emergency management plans and procedures.
- Leverage upon technical insight and understanding in related technical disciplines. May act as project team lead for development of products; function as a group facilitator for meetings and exercises, as required.
- Facilitate planning meetings, workshops, and seminars.
- Translate federal, state and local emergency management policies and initiatives into applicable context for Ball Aerospace.
- Support or carry out projects or manage programs in other areas of the Emergency Management team’s scope, such as business continuity planning, system requirements planning and management, GIS, and supporting other efforts under the Security and Emergency Management department.
- Serve as a member of the Ball Incident Response Team supporting incident response and recovery activities.
- Prepare reports, correspondence, and other presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Plan and support training and drill activities, including, but not limited to, building evacuations, incident command, incident notifications, tabletop exercises, CPR, AED, and First Aid.
- Prepare and communicate status reports and incident debriefs.
- Plan, monitor, document, and execute mitigation plans for project risk.
- Develop, use, and maintain tools to monitor project progress.
- Recommend changes and enhancements to emergency management programs and protocols.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Broad base of knowledge and skills in community emergency management and planning.
- Demonstrated abilities to work with complex regulations and issues, to work individually and as part of a team, and to represent Ball Aerospace in its work with local municipalities, state agencies, other regional groups, citizens' organizations, and the general public are essential.
- Effective verbal and writing communication skills.
- Training and experience with implementing elements of the National Incident Management System (NIMS) and Incident Command System (ICS), including ICS 100, 200 and NIMS 700.
- Current security clearance preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, outside, or production floor.
- Work may be performed in atypical, stressful, or austere conditions typically associated with emergency or disaster locations. Work may be performed outside of fixed work hours.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $65,000 - $88,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.