We're building the newest growth team at Atlassian; reimagining how we create and connect customers to value across our ecosystem. Do you crave complex problems, thinking big-picture as well as sweating the details? Does collaborating with your squad make you feel alive, do you love designing to learn and moving quickly?
Atlassian has an extraordinary opportunity for you. We're searching for a Senior UX Designer to join our Economy Growth Team.
Our Team partners creatively and strategically with a cross-functional team of product managers, marketers, engineers, analysts, and designers, to help build and improve the experience of our customers. That includes evaluation, purchase and usage of Atlassian products, as well as those that work on top of, and alongside our products; to deliver a growing suite of best-in-class, interconnected solutions.
We're a rapidly growing software company that does not rely on a sales team. Our website, products, and platform are the growth engines of our business-and we need you to help make them amazing. We're making a substantial investment in experience design, endeavoring to make Atlassian solutions essential for all teams.
The Economy Growth Team at Atlassian is responsible for:
- Accelerating the value teams experience from the products we build, as well as products that work alongside our platform
- Owning the experience vision and strategy for how customers discover, evaluate and purchase products; throughout the complete buyer experience
- Experimenting, testing, and optimizing to create a delightful, frictionless and tailored end-to-end experience
In this role, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Work with top design and cross-functional peers to grow your design craft and influence
- Push the envelope; design to explore, experiment, and learn
- Impact how teams around the world work; by contributing to, and executing on, a compelling customer-centric vision
- Work across our key key surfaces, enabling customers to purchase when and where they work; in a diverse and challenging space - there is never a dull moment!
- Partner with our Research and Insights and Data Analytics teams, to use qualitative and quantitative data to inform the experience across key growth opportunities
- Use these insights to design experiences that help bridge the gap between our customers' goals and the capabilities that Atlassian products and solutions provide for them
The ideal candidate will bring:
- Demonstrated experience guiding a product team to impactful outcomes, using design thinking methods informed by user empathy, data, and challenged through testing and iteration
- 4+ years of professional UX design experience under your belt, ideally with exposure to e-commerce or product-led growth contexts
- Evidence of strong storytelling capability; creating a compelling narrative through solid arguments backed by data
- A design to learn mindset; we favour moving and learning over perfection
- An ability to execute end-to-end, from discovery all the way through to documented design files
- Demonstrated love of the open iterative design process - constantly sketching, showing work in progress, validating with customers and data, iterating, shipping, learning, growing, and shipping customer value some more
- Strong facilitation and cross-functional collaboration skills: you can demonstrate the ability to work across multiple teams, solicit and synthesize feedback, and facilitate design discussions
- Experience with strategies for utilizing data to inform awesome digital experiences
- Experience working on an agile team (preferably using Scrum)
- Strong evaluative user testing chops; extra credit for experience driving exploratory research
Bonus points for:
- Experience using behavioral economics and psychology perspectives to achieve established customer and business outcomes
- Experience using Service Design as a means of improving end-to-end experiences
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .