Product Designer - Consumer at Opendoor
| San Francisco | Remote
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:30 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, August 11, 2021
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About The Role:
Opendoor is looking for two Product Designers to help build the future of our consumer experience. As a designer on the Consumer Products team, you’ll have clear, measurable impact on the business— ranging from revolutionizing the home selling experience, to helping each customer find their dream home.
We appreciate designers who think deeply about people and processes, not just pixels, and love getting their hands dirty with customer research. The ideal designer for this team has experience building service-oriented consumer products.
As a Product Designer, you will:
- Ideate: Work with Product, Engineering, Research,and Operations to design and visualize the future of our end-to-end customer experience.
- Research: Partner with User Experience Research to conduct user interviews and determine common pain points, product improvements and priorities. Conduct light-weight research independently to inform design decisions.
- Create: Design information architecture diagrams, wireframes, flows, and high-fidelity mock-ups for your features.
- Communicate: Showcase your vision and rationale behind design decisions to stakeholders and your team.
- Collaborate: Work closely with Product, Engineering, and Operations to validate the feasibility of your work and the ensure high-quality implementation.
We are looking for teammates who have:
- Experience: At least 5 years of relevant experience as an individual contributor on an in-house Product Design team.
- Portfolio: A portfolio with native and/or web projects that highlights your approach to problem solving, as well as the solutions themselves. Case studies should demonstrate your skills in research, user experience, visual design, and interaction design.
- Communication: Excellent communication and storytelling skills, in writing and in speaking. Has a well-defined design process.
- Teamwork: Experience partnering with Product, Engineering, and Research to craft broader product strategy.
- Mentoring: Experience guiding and mentoring other members of the Product Design team.
- Design systems: Experience building design systems collaboratively from the ground up.
- Prototyping: Strong skills using rich, interactive prototyping tools like Framer.
- Coding: Understanding of front-end frameworks like Angular and React. Front-end development skills are a plus.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Read Full Job Description