Manager Instructional Design at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we're looking for a Manager, Instructional Design to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader at the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We’re creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven, and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As an integral member of the Learning and Development team you will enable our ability to execute and deliver best in class educational content within VillageMD. In this role, you will work closely with SMEs and Learning Partners to appropriately design, develop, evaluate, and refine our learning programs with a focus on quality and speed to productivity. You be responsible for implementing the end-to-end design and development cycle for the creation of learner-centered courses and materials in a variety of formats. This role reports directly to the Director of Learning and Development.
How you can make a difference
- Provide day-to-day leadership and oversight of learning content for the instructional design team. This includes execution of strategic initiatives, project management, performance results and analytics, standardization, and consistent delivery of high-quality learning content. Make personnel decisions, manage performance and coaching as well as resolution of other personnel related issues.
- Lead design projects that support specific performance goals, drives measurable impact, leads to sustainable and scalable processes for multiple job roles, use cases, initiatives, and audiences. Balance the near-term learner needs with long-term strategic goals of our stakeholder partners
- Lead the content design and development cycle including end-to-end program management, project scoping, design methodology, and assessment through to the development and work with facilitators to ensure successful implementation and evaluation of content.
- Collaborate with Learning Partners and SME’s to create content and build solutions using various content authoring tools with an eye toward effectiveness, quality, timeline, and budget
- Work across modalities and design approaches including interactive instructor-led classroom, digital, virtual classroom, performance support tools, and workplace-based learning solutions while implementing standards for quality and efficacy
- Coach and mentor team, content authors, and learning partners in content development principles, instructional design concepts, and best practices to help achieve professional goals
- Contribute to building and sustaining a continuous learning culture including staying abreast of current trends and innovations in instructional design
Skills for Success
- Demonstrated ability with project execution, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- You have a strong background in successfully formulating, implementing, and monitoring policies, procedures, and programs
- Excellent knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional design models (ADDIE/SAM)
- Self-motivated team player with a strong sense of ownership, interpersonal skills and a "get things done" attitude
- Exhibited ability to apply Innovative approaches that incorporate industry trends and best practices.
- Detail oriented
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, adult education, or similar discipline
- 5-7 years’ experience in designing and implementing learning programs preferably in the healthcare industry; 1-3 years of experience leading high performing, high producing teams
- Experienced leader, effective at managing multiple projects at once, very detail-oriented and organized, productive, learn quickly, and have a track record of being adaptable in a fluid environment.
- Proficiency with eLearning tools (Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia) Adobe Creative Cloud, animation tools, video editing tools and a Learning Management System, Cornerstone preferred
- Expertise and competencies in the areas of instructional design, the practice of educational development, and adult learning theory are required
- Experience designing blended programs including e-learning development, instructor led training, virtual training, and performance support
- Strong project management skills
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefit package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.