Instructional Designer at VillageMD
At VillageMD, we're looking for an Instructional Designer to help us transform the way primary care is delivered and how patients are served. As a national leader at the forefront of healthcare, we've partnered with many of today's best primary care physicians. We're equipping them with the latest digital tools. Empowering them with proven strategies and support. Inspiring them with better practices and consistent results.
We’re creating care that's more accessible. Effective. Efficient. With solutions that are value-based, physician-driven, and patient-centered. To accomplish this, we're looking for individuals who share our sense of excellence, are ready to embrace change, and never settle for the status quo. Individuals who have the confidence to lead but the humility to never stop learning.
Could this be you?
As an integral member of the Learning and Development team you will enable our ability to deliver best in class educational content across the organization. You be responsible for the design and development of engaging, learner-centered courses and materials in a variety of formats including instructor led content, interactive e-learning, webinars, job aides, and resource materials. You will have the ability to create courses from the ground up as well as optimize existing content and curriculums. You will work closely with various subject matter experts, business partners and facilitators to identify, develop and implement content. This role reports directly to the Manager of Instructional Design.
How you can make a difference
- Lead design projects to develop training and enablement content for multiple job roles, use cases, products, and audiences.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to create innovative, interactive, and efficient educational content incorporating a blended learning approach
- Apply tested instructional design theories, practice, and methods to provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Responsible for all components of content development including program management, needs assessment, design, and development, and working with facilitators to ensure successful implementation
- Collaborate with Learning Partners and SME’s to produce accurate and meaningful training materials using content editing, animation, and learning authoring tools
- Create diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments to measure learning outcomes.
- Work with the team to implement learning solutions, lead quality assurance, and evaluate effectiveness for users.
- Continually look for opportunities to improve training quality through various training initiatives and processes
- Contribute to building and sustaining a continuous learning culture
Skills for Success
- Proven working experience in instructional design and with instructional technology
- Excellent knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional design models
- You are skilled at creating high level, engaging learning experiences and are knowledgeable in assessments and evaluation methods
- Strong communication skills with consistent and timely follow up
- Demonstrated organizational and project management skills, with ability to deliver quality projects
- Experience working with various SME’s including clinical, operational, and technical subject matter experts
- Develop innovative approaches that incorporate industry trends and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, thrive in a fast-paced environment and absorb information quickly.
Experience to drive change
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, adult education, or similar discipline or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years’ experience designing and implementing learning programs preferably in the healthcare industry
- Proficiency with eLearning tools (Articulate, Captivate, Camtasia) Adobe Creative Cloud, animation tools, video editing tools and a Learning Management System, Cornerstone preferred
- Course and curriculum development experience for multiple formats including ILT, VILT and eLearning.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to write effective instructional text, facilitator and participant guides, audio scripts/video scripts for varied target audiences.
- Basic HTML and programming knowledge
How you will thrive
In addition to competitive salaries, a 401k program with company match, bonus and a valuable health benefit package, VillageMD offers paid parental leave, pre-tax savings on commuter expenses, and generous paid time off. You work in a highly-collaborative, conscientious, forward-thinking environment that welcomes your experience and enables you to make a significant impact from Day 1.
Most importantly, you make a difference. You see a clear connection between your daily work on VillageMD products and services and the advancement of innovative solutions and improved quality of healthcare for providers and patients.
Our unique VillageMD culture – how inclusion and diversity make the difference
At VillageMD, we see diversity and inclusion as a source of strength in transforming healthcare. We believe building trust and innovation are best achieved through diverse perspectives. To us, acceptance and respect are rooted in an understanding that people do not experience things in the same way, including our healthcare system. Individuals seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Those seeking employment at VillageMD are considered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Explore your future with VillageMD today.