Support Insights Analyst III at Mailchimp
Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
The Support Insights Analyst (SIA) is the conduit between Product Management, Product Development, and Customer Teams within Mailchimp’s Support Operations organization. The SIA role is essential to driving strategy across three main areas which include improving the customer experience for all Mailchimp users, increasing the readiness of all Product Specialists, and proactively driving key business metrics through case deflection.
What you'll do here:
- Be the voice of the customer by influencing Product Teams to implement new features, implement instrumentation for resolving technical issues and improve product functionality
- Assist all Product Specialists to be prepared to support releases including new functionality and emerging technologies
- Consistently raise the technical knowledge of all Product Specialists to drive a quicker resolution of customer issues
Additionally, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attending product readiness and release meetings to represent the voice of the customer and voice of customer teams to improve the overall customer experience while driving a quicker resolution of issues and pain points
- Assisting in developing an end-to-end product rollout plan, and project-manage implementation
- Supporting Product Managers in the successful delivery of the end-to-end lifecycle within the product, participating in stand-ups, Pragmatic Planning, showcases and retrospectives
- Proactively identifying problems that arise in the project, outline options, recommend solutions, and escalate through the appropriate channels as needed
- Diagnosing and resolving product issues and pain-points by partnering with Product Manager to examine direct customer feedback, CSAT or conversion anomalies, and/or unseasonal increases in support inquiries
- Advocating for and lead foundational research that informs product strategy
- Identifying key problem areas and/or geographies impacted by the product post-launch
- Communicating product issues or product change information shared by Product teams to Product Specialists and other relevant Customer Teams to drive a quick resolution of customer issues
- Building simple reports to track case trends and identify operational issues to represent the voice of the customer and drive resolution of top customer issues
- Helping with ideation and prioritization with new product ideas with the product and dev teams.
- Reading QA test plans, document known bugs and troubleshooting tips prior to feature launch
- Handling change management, coordinate training and help center documentation
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Minimum 2 years experience in operations, business consulting, finance or similar analytical role with a demonstrated ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions
- Expertise translating research results into actionable findings, and drive design and product changes
- Effective communication: providing feedback and evidence to ensure best outcome, presenting insights that empower others
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to tailor the message to various audiences (product teams, product managers, fellow SIAs, leadership, etc.)
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent projects
- Interest in mentoring your peers in UX practice
- Proven experience as a contributor on cross-functional teams building alignment around the goal of a feature or product
- Demonstrated effective communication across cross-functional teams and diverse audiences at varying levels of the organization
- Experience in analysis, troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Strategic alignment, able to bring key stakeholders across functions together
- Deep understanding of the user experience and a passion to continually improve upon their experience
- Proven ability to stay focused on the overall problem or goal vs. a particular solution
- Comfortable and excited about advocating for the user experience in a group setting
- Ability to foster collaboration and facilitate teamwork
- Master of prioritization
- Experience with project management software or formal education in research methodologies is a bonus
How you’ll work: Our Core Leadership Behaviors are the observable and measurable leadership actions and skills that contribute to our effectiveness and success in our roles at Mailchimp. They determine how we do our jobs and how we meet our goals, enabling us to bring out the best in each other and execute on our strategic plans to deliver for our customers.
- Thriving in Complexity: You unravel and make sense of potentially sophisticated, incomplete, and contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Nimble Learning: You tackle problems with experimentation, using successes and failures to inform future decisions
- Expecting the best: You hold yourself and others accountable to meet commitments
- Collaborating Courageously: You build partnerships across the company and work collaboratively with others to meet strategic goals
- Cultivating Candor: You act with integrity and earn the confidence and trust of others through honesty and authenticity
- Inclusive Leadership: You recognize the value diversity brings to our organization and leverages different perspectives to enhance organizational culture and drive performance
- Customer Obsessed: You listen hard to customers, understand their challenges, develop relationships with them, and deliver products that remove their obstacles
- Action Oriented: You initiate new opportunities and face tough challenges with a sense of energy, enthusiasm and service
Curious how hiring has shifted at Mailchimp due to Covid-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is a founder-owned and highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, and London with additional remote work locations available. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, and our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid insurance benefits (for employees and their families), paid vacation, sick, and other leave, tuition reimbursement, and 401(k) matching. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.