Senior Database Engineer at DISH (Greater Denver Area)
DISH is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve, to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Data Architecture team in DISH IT Digital Solutions seeks a database engineer who will develop and maintain a variety of data solutions for supporting our core business and modernizing DISH IT's transactional data persistence systems.
- Develop scalable and high performing data update applications for on-premises and Cloud based databases
- Deliver, optimize and automate data updates for existing business processes
- Provide on-call support for data persistence systems in Production
- Bachelor's degrees in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical degree
- Strong desire to learn new skills
- Familiar with one programming language
- Hands-on SQL development in a relational or NoSQL database
- Strong problems solving and analytical skills
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical degree, or a combination of education and experience.
- Experiences in Python
- SQL/PLSQL development experiences in Oracle
- Exposure to MongoDB
- Familiar with Linux
- Experiences in supporting scalable enterprise applications
- 4+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or similar role
Compensation: $106,250.00/Year - $125,000.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be viewed here: DISH Benefits .
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's location and is subject to change based on work location. Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test and DMV check.