Sr. Data Scientist, Conversation Experience
In this two part blog “The future (of Employee Experience) is Converational” (Part 1 — Understanding the language barrier between people and machines, Part 2 — How machines learned the secrets of language, Jing Chen, the engineering leader for conversation engine, discusses a vision for the future of employee experience using Conversational AI. As a Sr. Data Scientist at Moveworks, you will be a member of our Core Data Science team rolling under Data Science and Engineering (DSE) org and will collaborate with the conversation engineering team to measure and improve user-bot conversation experience to scale the impact of our core product.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background as a data scientist working on NLU and traditional machine learning systems, have strong technical and analytical skills, and have experience working with massive amounts of data.
We expect you will wear multiple hats on this role: data enthusiast, influencer, effective communicator, product expert, and a team player. You will collaborate closely with ML engineers, data engineers, data scientists, and product managers.
This is a dynamic role that is rapidly evolving and you are ready to apply your experience and passion to seize the opportunities.
Who we are:
Moveworks is redefining how companies support their employees with an AI platform that resolves their problems at work — instantly and autonomously. Included on the prestigious Forbes AI 50 list and named a leader in The Forrester New Wave, Moveworks uses advanced natural language understanding (NLU) to resolve support issues, straight on collaboration hubs like Slack and Microsoft Teams.
We're doing this for IT today, and for the entire enterprise in the near future. This is a unique chance to join the team at an early stage as a key player in our growth strategy. If that sounds like fun, we can’t wait to start this journey together.
What will you do:
- Be a strategic partner for ML engineering, product, design, and data teams
- Apply your strong analytical skills to gain deep insights into the data and ML model performance, present your analysis and recommendations to various stakeholders and help guide cross-functional partnerships
- Influence the roadmap and decisions made by the ML team through presentation of data-based recommendations, and clearly communicate the state of the user-bot conversation experience and A/B experiment results
- Develop high impact data artifacts including dashboards, reports, and analytical tools to track conversation performance
- Collaborate with data and analytics engineers to build scalable data pipelines and clean datasets to support key business metrics
Who you are:
- You have advanced degree in Math/Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, Economics, or equivalent practical experience
- You have 7+ years of experience solving real-world problems using quantitative approaches and machine learning; Conversational systems experience is a plus
- You have expertise in SQL, programming skills (e.g. Python), visualization, data modeling, ETL, and the data warehousing concepts
- You have familiarity with AWS, JSON, Github, Jupyter Notebooks
- You are enthusiastic about innovating in a fast-paced cross-functional team
- You understand the importance of identifying and pursuing the most impactful analysis opportunities and you seek to maximize your own impact
- You are comfortable with ambiguity and able to thrive with minimal oversight and process
- You are an effective communicator, you pay attention to the finer details, and you empathize with customers and stakeholder and build meaningful relationships
- You are curious and bring genuine excitement to learn new subject areas and are comfortable to be scrappy as and when needed