Salesforce - Digital Business Process Specialist at Caterpillar
The Digital Business Process Specialist works closely with the Digital Product Owner, Application Engineering delivery team and Business Partner Stakeholders to execute digital initiatives that enable business imperatives.
This role is a critical component to the Caterpillar Prioritized Service Event (PSE) Program which sends aftermarket leads to Cat Dealers. The program includes two Salesforce communities (one for sales leads and one for marketing leads), a mobile app based on the sales community and an API which integrates the Caterpillar Salesforce Communities with Cat Dealer CRM systems.
Responsibilities are within functional lines with individuals assisting in new program development and/or maintenance of existing Salesforce capabilities. This role will have primary responsibility for creating, analyzing, and validating business requirements, translating them into detailed functional requirements and user stories, and defining acceptance criteria and test cases. The incumbent will be responsible for creating user stories, defining dependencies, impacts and acceptance criteria, and obtaining requirements sign-off from requesting business partners.
Translate Business Requirements to Technical Requirements
- Document and validate business requirements for an application or process.
- Work closely with business partners and other key stockholders for clarity on requirements, gather and understand technical problems to identify solutions
- Proactively seek input from relevant areas of the business that should have inputs to this application or process.
- Solution discovery to provide technical guidance and assist in solution design options to Super Users, Product Owners and Business Owners.
- Develops solution for major system modules, programs or infrastructure released based on requirements gathered from the business.
- Configuration or customization expertise in Salesforce
- Validate solution design, including prototyping and configuration for an application or process
- Assist customers with usability in solution design.
- Establish security data classifications for the application or process.
- Establish and document business rules for the use of an application or process.
- Represent the customer and customer experience, interfacing and engaging with the customer
- Responsible for conveying the vision and goals at the beginning and throughout the sprint
- Lead developers and quality assurance resources throughout the build cycle, clearing any doubts about the solution, addressing ambiguity and providing direction.
- Create and groom user stories and communicate backlog priorities to the team
- Assists with the elaboration of epics, themes and features into user stories that are small enough, or granular enough, to be achieved in a single sprint
- Competent to perform programming, development, integration and system administration assignments
- Participate in sprint planning meetings, daily meetings, scrum reveals and retrospectives
- Inspect the product progress at the end of every sprint and accept or reject the work that has been done by the development team
- Provides Salesforce system administration leadership, guidance, and assistance to other team members.
Testing and Training for Application
- Develop, review and approve test plans as required by new content releases or deployments for an application or process.
- Conducts customer acceptance testing, from both a technical and business perspective, and coordinates testing with additional business users
- Review and approve end user training materials and documentation for an application or process.
Act as "Face" of the Application
- Represent the application or process with other areas of the business who use or integrate with this part of the business.
- Business escalations point for any conflicts or concerns with the application or process.
- Responsible for working on and driving complex application/technical problem identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift support calls.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree preferably in computer science, information systems, marketing, communications, engineering or related field
- 8+ years professional experience
- 4+ years' developing, supporting and managing Salesforce Development requirements
- 2+ years of experience with the Agile methodology
- Experience managing projects using Agile software tools such as DevOps, Mingle, JIRA
- Salesforce Certifications - Certified Advanced Administrator, Certified Experience Cloud Consultant, Certified Sales Cloud Consultant
- Demonstrated ability to proactively lead and empower teams, communicating appropriately to ensure a team's success
- Strong accountability, planning, organization
- Highly developed interpersonal skills to deal with sensitive, emotional or potentially controversial situations.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Top candidates will also possess these Qualifications:
- Experience with PSE environment
- Experience in Tableau CRM, Heroku
- Agile certifications
- Experience with data management tools such as Data Loader
- Experience creating, managing, and meeting SLAs
- Experience working with onshore/offshore team model
Visa sponsorship available for eligible applicants.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .