We are Mythical Games. A venture-backed next-generation game technology company at the intersection of video games and economics led by industry veterans. Our goal is to lead the industry with the launch of exceptional video game experiences that leverage distributed ledger technology, while also providing a platform of robust tools that will allow any other game developers to do the same.
We are looking for a highly-skilled Data Quality Engineer with the ability to design and develop services for data ingestion, modeling, quality, discoverability, and performance. This data is the backbone for analytics, reporting, and data science at Mythical Games. In this role, you will need to be able to work with data owners and proactively help solve problems.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and were continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Write complex SQL queries for ETL and data validation on batch and real-time data pipelines
- Create data testing strategies, test plans, and test cases which can be executed as part of a continuous integration framework
- Recommend process improvements that address technical deficits and improve data reliability, quality, and efficiency
- Participate in issue tracking and alert monitoring, share responsibilities with data engineering to respond to and resolve critical issues as they arise
- Generate documentation and expectations for fields included in analytics data models
- Participate in peer development and code review alongside other members of the analytics team
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical / quantitative field
- Proficiency in Python / SQL programming languages
- Comfortable with test-driven development, CI/CD frameworks, and automation
- Experience working with a code-first data services stack (tools such as Airflow, dbt, Great Expectations, Looker)
- Familiarity with REST API, microservices, and scalability based mindset
- Excellent communication skills and a drive for continued learning
- Experience optimizing SQL scripts and data models for distributed databases such as CockroachDB
- Experience with Cloud data warehouses and real-time event stream-processing frameworks (eg Google BigQuery, Apache Kafka, Spark Streaming, or Google Pub/Sub)
- Experience working with large, (un)structured datasets and cloud storage
Our team values diversity and believe that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and folks across all gender identities to apply.
We offer our team benefits such as (but not limited to) high-quality Vision, Dental, and Health Care, generous Parental Leave, and Unlimited PTO to ensure that they actually take time off without the stress of needing to accrue time.
If you need assistance around accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected] We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process for everyone.