Data Architect at Brainly (Remote)
NOTICE: ONLINE RECRUITMENT PROCESS
LOCATION: MANHATTAN, NY OR REMOTELY FROM THE US
There are more than 350 million reasons to join Brainly — one for every student you’ll help go from questioning to understanding. Team up with us as we build and continue improving one of the most popular ed-tech products on the planet. In a world of questions and uncertainty, you can be part of the answer as we shape the future of learning and change lives, one student at a time. If this excites you, you know what to do next.
Let’s get to know each other. And get ready to make a difference!
Brainly is growing and currently helping 350 million students around the world. This is a challenge to teams at Brainly which are using data to inform decision making and drive insights about our business. To address these challenges Brainly is evolving our business data systems and architecture. You have a chance to be at the center of this exciting effort, making a big impact on the performance and outcomes of business data users at Brainly.
We're looking for a Data Architect to design, and oversee the implementation of Brainly’s next generation of data marts and data warehouse. In this role, you'll see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. You'll work with talented team members, leveraging cutting-edge technology, and see your efforts affect revenue growth, products, and people regularly.
The perfect candidate will have strong knowledge of data mart and data warehouse design which leverages the features and capabilities of Snowflake to take full advantage of this database platform.
This is a unique opportunity to work with a results driven team and have an impact on the lives of hundreds of millions of students globally and help us scale one of the fastest-growing and highest-quality consumer learning brands. Brainly is a fun, unique company in a truly exciting phase of its growth.
Are you a goal-driven team player? Do you like tackling new challenges using leading-edge industry tools? Are you able to listen to stakeholders' requirements and make informed decisions on design that balance different views with a focus on quality and scalability? Can you present complex technical solutions in a clear and simple way? Are you able to brainstorm and co-create new solutions, both business and technical?
If you answered yes to these questions, you might just be the perfect candidate for this role!
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, consult, and implement data marts and data warehouses using Snowflake
- Assess, consult, and implement improvements to Snowflake based data warehouses using Snowflake administrative configuration and capabilities
- Assess, consult, and implement improvements to existing Redshift data marts and data warehouses
- Define company standards, conventions, training, and reference architectures for data mart and data warehouse design in Snowflake
- Collaborate and coordinate with multiple departments, stakeholders, partners, and external vendors to proactively design and integrate data requirements into architecture and solution design patterns to be used across Brainly teams
- Oversee, advise, and implement the migration of data from legacy systems to Brainly’s new data platform
- Audit, assess, measure, and improve the performance of solutions and architecture related to data marts and data warehouses in use at Brainly
WHAT MAKES YOU THE PERFECT CANDIDATE
- 7+ years of experience in data engineering and Data Warehousing
- Expert knowledge of Snowflake
- Expert knowledge of SQL
- Experience in implementing best practices for data engineering, such as source control repositories, automated code deployments, data quality frameworks, etc.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal & external data and processes to answer specific business questions & identify opportunities for improvement
- Advanced knowledge of Redshift
- Advanced knowledge of RDS
- Highly proficient in Python
- Proficient in Spark & distributed databases
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Experience in a consumer web or mobile company
- Familiarity with building & optimizing data pipelines and architectures with Spark or equivalent
- Working knowledge of workflow management tools and stream processing systems
- Project management and organizational skills
WHAT YOU GET BY JOINING BRAINLY
- Competitive compensation package
- Competitive benefits including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), 401K plan, FSAs, commuter benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, paid CitiBike program, weekly company lunches, company events, and more
- We are committed to your professional development by providing opportunities to participate in conferences, trainings, and courses
WHAT IS BRAINLY?
Brainly is the online learning platform where over 350 million students and parents go from questioning to understanding. With their smartphones, users can snap a photo to instantly solve any problem or homework question and be matched with a Brainly product such as Community Q&A, Brainly Tutor, Math Solver or Textbook Detective.
Brainly is built to provide students, parents, experts, and teachers with a collaborative platform and tools needed to succeed in any educational environment. Based in Kraków, Poland, with U.S. headquarters in New York City, Brainly apps and websites are visited by users from over 35 countries.
Backed by Prosus, Point Nine Capital, General Catalyst, Runa Capital, Learn Capital and Kulczyk Investments. Learn more about Brainly at www.brainly.com.
Brainly is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.