Cost Estimating & Pricing Analyst at Ball Aerospace (Greater Denver Area)
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Finance Strategic Support Unit delivers the expertise and business acumen to increase value across the enterprise by providing actionable information with recommendations and opportunities to drive sustainable business growth.
Cost Estimating & Pricing Analyst
In this position, you will develop the necessary skills to support the Cost Estimating and Pricing process including adherence and understanding of the Ball Estimating System Description (ESD), Cost Accounting Standards (CAS), Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR), and Truthful Cost and Pricing Data/TINA.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the performance of the Cost Estimating and Pricing functions during the proposal lifecycle, which includes new business proposals, ROMs and program change proposals as needed. New business opportunities will involve various contract types ranging from Cost Plus, Fixed Price and Time and Materials.
- Provide strategic assistance in analysis of proposal products.
- Data collection and analysis of pricing.
- Prepare cost review presentations.
- Work with Program Managers to develop and maintain the Work Breakdown Structures (WBS).
- Perform direct and indirect rate application and Cost Estimating Relationship (CER) analysis checks for accuracy and consistency.
- Develop, populate and check Excel spreadsheets.
- Develop the ability to apply and follow policies and procedures related to external RFP requirements.
- Work with team to ensure cost volumes are compliant with regulatory requirements and prepared in accordance with company practices.
- Perform Request for Proposal (RFP) and Statement of Work (SOW) analysis and compliance related to cost, schedule and proposal submittal.
- Review Basis of Estimates (BOEs) prepared by technical staff including traceability checks.
- Review and provide historical data in support of BOE development.
- Apply lessons learned documentation, assessment and implementation of corrective action/improvements to process.
- Provide fact finding and negotiations support to proposal team and contract manager
- Support internal and external (DCAA/DCMA) audit support as warranted.
- Perform and interpret Monte Carlo and EVA (Economic Value Add) analysis .
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in a related field.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Willingness to learn and grow in role.
- Solid communication skills.
- Ability to solve problems following established policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in a high paced dynamic team work environment.
- Proficiency in the use of MS office Products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $50,000 - $67,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.