Business Strategy Manager at Built In
Built In is on a mission to unite technology professionals with their purpose. We do that through the power of content. Today, over one million registered users and 4.5 million technology professionals use our platform every year to learn about innovative companies, new technologies and further their careers.
The caliber of audience we’ve cultivated means that over 1800 companies--from the hottest tech startups to Fortune 500 companies undergoing digital transformation-- trust us to share their employer brand story and fill the technology roles that drive their strategy.
Because we can help employers find hard to recruit talent, our B2B side is thriving. In addition our users are finding great jobs and advancing their careers and knowledge of the tech world with Built In. That means we are rapidly growing our product and technology footprint as we are committed to building the leading SaaS product for employer branding and talent activation.
With venture funding of $30M to date with a $22M Series C raise in 2019, we are poised to help technologists learn, grow and find their dream jobs--in their city, around the country or completely remote. If you are looking for an award-winning culture, have a desire to help people find purposeful work and want to be part of building best-in-class technology, Built In might fulfill your purpose.We’re looking for a Business Strategy Manager
As the Business Strategy Manager, your primary responsibility will be to drive the success of the strategic plan by leading the most critical projects across the business. In partnership with the Chief of Staff and Leadership team, you will help identify strategic opportunities and lead end-to-end solutioning of problems. You will provide research and analytical support to break down the problem and assess the business impact, determine the best course of action and ultimately execute its implementation into the business.
You will be a self-starter with a unique ability to identify process improvement opportunities, drive positive change across the organization, and create cross-functional synergies. Excellent communication and organization skills are required along with the ability to anticipate, identify, and communicate business opportunities to senior leadership.How you’ll contribute
- Actively support the Leadership team in effectively cascading and communicating the annual strategic plan throughout the business.
- Develop strong collaborative relationships with key stakeholders across the entire company.
- Proactively identify areas within the organization to scale operational excellence.
- Break down complex business problems and translate them into easy-to-understand data-driven project plans.
- Analyze the impact of decisions from both an operational and financial lens; ability to dive deep into the data and understand tradeoffs.
- Manage the delivery of multiple business priorities while keeping all stakeholders and sponsors informed through dashboards and/or presentations.
- Manage directly (or co-ordinate) the change management activities and communication plans that come from implementing new initiatives across the business.
- 3-5 years of experience in consulting, strategy, or project management at a management consulting firm or high-growth technology company
- Proficiency with Excel
- Strong communication skills; ability to influence and articulate a variety of issues to leaders across the business, tailoring messages accordingly
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously, on time and on budget.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly on new problems, shift gears and handle multiple topics concurrently while flexing between strategic big-picture thinking and an analytical detail-oriented focus.
- Self starter who is capable of independently researching and designing solutions to a wide range of analytical challenges of a rapidly-scaling business.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, understanding that week to week priorities may shift as new business challenges emerge.
- Familiarity with Business Intelligence tool, Tableau.
We’re revolutionizing tech recruitment. So we question everything, because the best answers sit just to the right of a question mark. That’s our heritage as a disruptive company — as a company whose future depends on our capacity to innovate with a sense of drive, purpose and urgency. If you join Built In, you will work from this set of values:
- Be Inclusive, Always. We’re committed to a culture where all people are respected, have a say and can be their whole selves. We will uplift and advocate for one another. Always.
- Be Unreasonably Passionate. Our passion is borderline obsessive, and we’re ok with that. No one ever built anything great on a “meh.” We work with outsized passion to fulfill our mission.
- Be Humble. You don’t have all the answers. Luckily, you don’t have to. Don’t worry about being right. Be humble instead.
- Stay Curious. Curiosity is a springboard to the future. It can transform the wisp of an idea into a breakthrough. We ask “what if.” We work with wonder. It’s how we innovate.
- Lead with Solutions. Question everything. But offer solutions as you do. Raise issues. But propose a few answers. For every hole you poke, offer a way to patch it up.
- Own the Result. We have no time for blame or shame. When you stumble, own it, learn from it + get back to business.
- Do More. Do more than your job description. Take initiative. Take charge. No job is beneath you, and no job is too big. Be a leader and do more — do whatever it takes.
Be Inclusive, Always.
Research shows that women and other marginalized groups tend to apply to roles only when they check every point on a job description. We encourage you to apply if you meet the majority of qualifications and this role is aligned with your career trajectory.
Built In is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Built In is guided by principles of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI). We are committed to this work over the long-term, but here’s some of what’s in place today:
- We have five thriving ERG groups: Built In For The People, BuiltOut, United We Parent, Womxn United in Tech and Built In Tribe.
- We have a dedicated Director, HR + Inclusion who oversees our DEI roadmap, which provides our annual metrics, goals and initiatives.
- We are proud to be led by a female CEO and founder.
NOTE: BUILT IN NEVER CONTACTS JOB APPLICANTS VIA TEXT, MESSENGER OR OTHER SIMILAR APPLICATIONS. BE AWARE OF PHISHING AND SPOOFING SCAMS, BOTH VIA TEXT AND EMAIL. ONLY RESPOND TO EMAILS FROM BUILTIN.COM