BI Analyst at Jellyvision
Jellyvision is hiring a BI Analyst
Jellyvision’s headquarters is in Chicago, and, post-COVID, many of us will be returning to the Chicago offices (by choice, not requirement -- our philosophy is “Flexible First”). But this position is also eligible for work by a remote employee out of CA, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MN, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, TX, UT, WA, or WI.
Who we are
We at Jellyvision are the proud parents of ALEX, a platform that saves employees and their employers money by making tricky decisions—like choosing and using employee benefits—less confusing and more enjoyable. The success of ALEX has exceeded our wildest work-related dreams, which is why we need an experienced BI Analyst to help us continue on our journey.
How you’ll help
As a BI Analyst, you will be responsible for helping Jellyvision leverage data to support all aspects of the business. You’ll provide ad-hoc analysis and long term reporting to teams across the organization, including Sales, Account Management, Product, and Operations. In addition, you’ll work closely with other data-centric teams (like Data Engineering, Data Science, and User Research) to advance our enterprise data capabilities and solve complex business problems for stakeholders throughout the company.
What you’ll do
- Create reports, visualizations, and dashboards for teams across the organization
- By laying out your plans for reports and visualizations, you’ll help translate those requirements into the work needed from other teams (e.g., data engineers) to make the necessary data available and in the right format in the data warehouse
- Listen and understand the needs of internal stakeholders to provide ad-hoc data, analytics, and insights to help them make data driven decisions
- Help standardize data and reporting across our reporting platform
- Learn quickly when faced with new situations
Experience & skills you’ll need
- Experience working with data and databases
- Comfortable managing multiple contexts, and able to shift between tasks quickly
- Interest in analyzing/manipulating data to identify insights and opportunities
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences
Good to Have
- Background in Information Systems, Statistics, Math, Data Science, or Computer Science preferred
- Familiarity with commonly used technologies for presentation layer, such as Looker or Tableau
- Ability to use SQL or other programming languages a strong plus
- Manages Complexity
- Tech Savvy
- Manages Ambiguity
- Business Insight
- Communicates Effectively
- Nimble Learning
- Situational Adaptability
Our credo is a simple one: be helpful. And we think we can be most helpful if our workforce is as diverse in thought, perspective, and culture as the people who use our products. We are looking to add amazing people to our team who will bring diversity across many lines, including race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, sex, and country of origin.
Thanks for your interest in Jellyvision!