As a UX Writer 2 at Nordstrom, you write concise, well-crafted UI content that adheres to a holistic, user-centered content strategy. In this role, you'll collaborate with designers, researchers, content strategists and other key business stakeholders to write and test user-focused solutions for both customer-facing and internal tools for mobile, desktop, online, and in-store channels. You'll help create innovative features and interactions that support shipping, pickup, and returns, maintaining Nordstrom's high standard of customer care.
And who are we? The Nordstrom UX content team offers an extension of world-class customer service by leading the charge to inform, guide and delight customers.
Guided by empathy, we create responsible and accessible content using curiosity, data and strategic thinking to address business needs and improve customer pain points. We think big while keeping an eye on the nuanced and iterate as needed.
**To be considered as a candidate, you must submit 1-2 work samples, as PDF files or portfolio site link, within application. For work hosted on private portfolio site, access credentials must also be provided**
A day in the life...
- Build relationships and collaborate with other UX team members in research and design, as well as product managers, digital merchandising, creative, marketing, and other key stakeholders
- Leverage data, competitive examples, and UCD principles to influence project direction in content-rich site experiences
- Create detailed content design deliverables (copy docs, informational/confirmation/error messages, push notifications) that effectively communicate UX thinking and business requirements
- Manage your time effectively and work in Agile environment / schedule
You own this if you have...
- 2-4 years of experience in UX/UI writing, content design, and/or technical writing or copywriting
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Human-Computer Interaction, English, Communications, or similar)
- A portfolio of relevant UX examples demonstrating your proficiency in UX content, and the ability to discuss your involvement in the overall design process
- Ability to build and maintain strong, positive working relationships and collaborate with UX writers, UX designers, UX researchers and product managers
- Experience with tools such as Mural, Sketch and Figma a plus
- Experience working for retail or web-based companies, interactive/ad agencies or start-ups a plus
- Experience with Agile development process a plus
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.