Tonkean is the OS for business operations, transforming operations teams from facilitators into makers with an enterprise-grade, no-code process orchestration platform. By abstracting the technical knowledge required to automate, monitor, and manage mission-critical business processes, Tonkean enables enterprises to drive operational efficiency while reducing technical debt.
Tonkean builds a bridge between business and IT, allowing IT to partner with business teams to drive agility while ensuring compliance & security. Using Tonkean, IT can create custom, reusable action blocks called "enterprise components" that enable key capabilities like updating data in existing systems, interacting with people, or deploying NLP & OCR technology. These components can then be shared securely with business operations teams, in a no-code studio, to orchestrate business processes across functions and systems by adding business logic. Business operations teams can become more self-sufficient, and IT teams can scale with confidence.
Enterprises like Lyft, EVERSANA, Instacart, Grubhub, Crypto.com, and more rely on Tonkean to optimize and align their operations across functions—including sales, marketing, customer support, legal, finance, and more. With Tonkean, enterprises can expand the pie of who can deliver software, making a world of makers.
The Head of Training and Documentation will be responsible for external and internal training, certification, and content management for Tonkean’s platform and best practices. Tonkean’s Head of Training and Documentation will empower our customers and partners to fully leverage Tonkean for their success in addition to equipping our internal teams with the training they need to fully understand our platform and best practices. This is a new role at Tonkean and we’re ready to move full steam ahead creating a world of makers.
They will be the leader, visionary and strategist for Tonkean Academy. They will collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Solutions and R&D to build and deliver content for our customers and customer-facing teams. They have built training and enablement programs and can develop the infrastructure, training resources and team necessary to scale this function.
They must understand what people need to learn and be successful with the product. Additionally, they should be able to incentivize and drive attendance into learning and certification programs.
This is a player/coach role that includes team management and hands-on execution.
If this opportunity excites you, we’d love to talk.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
- Create a long-term vision for a best-in-class training program and roadmap to get us there
- Evaluate & build the proper infrastructure to support training and certification
- Build training resources & programs (in some cases you will build the content yourself, in others, you may partner with internal teams to deliver resources)
- Launch training programs for different personas within our customers’ orgs
- Partner with our Sales, Marketing and Solutions teams to determine training programs that will have the highest impact as we scale
- Grow & maintain oversight over the training & enablement team as Tonkean scales
- 5+ years working with cloud and SaaS platforms, technologies, and customers, preferably with training, certification, and implementation experience
- 3+ years experience in a similar role (enablement/training), designed infrastructure and training from scratch
- Proven leadership skills for creating human-centric work teams
- Ability to collaborate with, influence and drive consensus for a diverse set of stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Strong communication, analysis, and presentation skills
- Proven ability to develop comprehensive program parameters, project plans, and release roadmaps
- A system-level thinker, who enjoys putting processes & curriculum in place and tracking it against measurable outcomes
- A builder, who enjoys rolling up your sleeves, building things from scratch and building things for scale.
- Experience in a B2B, SaaS Startup, preferably a highly technical product (APIs)
- Bachelor's Degree required
- There Is Always A Way. At Tonkean, we believe that nothing is impossible. There is a solution to every problem - you just need to find it.
- Think People First. We believe in investing in, empowering, and prioritizing people. We work as a team and win as a team. We listen with purpose as we speak with courage. We believe in diversity. We always ask ourselves: Is this giving value to our customers? Is this improving our team? Is this helping me be better?
- Start With Why And Fail Fast. We believe that progress is the only way forward; that action is always better than no action; that innovation requires bravery. We believe that every worthwhile “how” starts with an important “why.” If you know the “why”, and you can learn from it, It’s never a failure. It is the operational cost of progress.
- No BS. To matter, you must - stay focused, keep it simple and always move the needle. We don’t have time for BS. We don’t waste energy; we prioritize efficiency; we stay focused; and we always try to optimize for what’s important.
PERKS AND BENEFITS
- Work with a talented yet humble team
- Competitive compensation & equity package
- Virtual social events, and annual company retreats
- 401k, Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Tonkean provides each employee with a new laptop, monitor, headset, keyboard and mouse
- Remote employees receive a one-time work from home setup stipend of $500(USD) upon commencing employment to purchase desk, chair and other work from home tools.
- A once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity to get onboard a fast-growing business that is venture-backed by Accel, Lightspeed Venture Partners and Foundation Capital
Tonkean welcomes everyone. We believe every member of our team enriches our diversity and inclusion by broadening our ways of problem-solving for future challenges. Even if you don't meet 100% of the qualifications for this job, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Tonkean is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. We believe diversity is important to building a successful business and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, reproductive health decisions or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.