Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Do you enjoy a good conversation? Are you passionate about explaining difficult concepts in simple language? If so, we have an awesome role for you! We're looking for a Content Designer to join our Confluence team, with a focus on crafting great feature and support content across web and mobile.
This role is for someone who thinks bigger than traditional UX or technical writing. You can shape the content journey from product into support documentation. You can explain complex features within small amounts of product real estate and communicate value in a compelling, clear, and effective way. You consider information to be a powerful and essential element of experience design.
As a Content Designer on the Confluence team, you will:
- Work closely with the product design, product management, support, and marketing teams to understand the purpose of features and how best to explain them to a range of audiences;
- Deliver effective, high-quality feature and support content for Confluence through a fast-paced, agile, and product release cycle;
- Use and contribute to the Trello and Atlassian voice & tone, brand, and design guidelines; and,
- Engage with Confluence’s close-knit design community.
When you join the team, you’d be expected to have:
- Excellent writing and content strategy skills across long and short form.
- Experience using Confluence Server or Confluence Cloud.
- A proven track record of working in and managing projects in an agile, fast-paced environment
- An understanding of how content design connects to business objectives
- 3+ years of professional UX writing, technical writing, or relevant experience
And ideally, we’d hope you’d have:
- A knack for creatively engaging with audiences
- Experience applying design processes, such as design thinking, critiques, user journeys, and personas, to improve or validate your work
- Experience working across desktop, web, and mobile
Show us something:
Along with your resume, send or point us to examples or a portfolio of your work. Ideally, send us work that shows us your UX writing and documentation experience.
More about our team:
Content Designers at Atlassian look at the way we communicate with our customers as an end-to-end journey. We consider content to be a powerful and essential part of that journey. Our content experts work collaboratively across Atlassian to champion our design language, tell consistent stories, and craft great customer experiences.
Read more at Designing Atlassian.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.