Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Primary Purpose of Position:
The Senior Solution Architect is responsible for the work of a team of cross-functional solution architects within a community of practice. This leader is responsible for the process of developing solution architectures and designs that are responsive to business needs while consistent with long term architectures of IT. The SA is committed to nurturing and assuring the requisite talent across the solution architecture community of practice to accomplish that team’s goals and missions, ensuring that technology solutions meet business requirements and aligned to key deliverables, process, and EA requirements while aligning with long-term architectural goals. In addition, the sr solution architect is responsible for evaluating and selecting the technologies required to support those technology solution plans. The Senior Solution Architect also provides direction and technical leadership across Ball IT domains.
- Provide leadership to the solution architecture community of practice to drive end-to-end solution architecture integrity and the functional relationship with other projects and/or applications consistent with long term architectural roadmap
- Provide technical leadership to the business partners by interacting directly with senior business leaders to develop the technical dimensions of a solution that meets the needs of the business
- Clearly communicate (verbally and in written form) with business leaders to describe the technical solution comprehensively, and address questions from the business users to assure their comfort with the technical solution
- Understand current technology, solutions, and industry trends and conceptualize solutions that address business needs, opportunities and issues. Facilitate discussion on solution options/alternatives and associated impacts.
- Support the enterprise architecture team by providing input into the long term architectural vision for systems and platforms that have an impact on the capability area
- Validate the alignment of solutions with corporate standards and compliance requirements
- In collaboration with BCs ensure that capability map, roadmap of technologies aligned to capabilities, and application inventory/lifecycle/TCO established
- Support capability area leaders in acquiring and/or upskilling team members so that the requisite skills to oversee work of suppliers and internal development teams to ensure that solutions support the business needs and align to the articulated solution architectures
- Maintain knowledge of technical products and services in order to assess impact to production environment of proposed design (inclusive of applications and infrastructure)
- Provide technical guidance to develop solution ideas and provide input for internal delivery teams and/or suppliers in developing solution delivery estimates
- Review and approve solutions such that the technical requirements are complete, thorough, and representative of all business requirements
- Understand methods and practices for solution development/build in order to support holistic technical requirements for the solution, inclusive of configuration, security, and quality
- Drive the preparation for the architectural review process (e.g., ARB) to facilitate discussions regarding necessary modifications to project solution architecture to overcome design challenges or deviations observed in project design
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or graduate degree level education in Computer Science, MIS or work-related experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- > 5 years of experience as a Solution Architect
- Operational Technology (OT) expert with a minimum 5+ total years’ experience in other technical roles such as Business Systems Analyst / Functional Consultant and Technical Consultant.
- Strong consultative skills at a cross functional level
- Experience with analysis level tools for: activity diagrams, business use cases, business rules, and system level features
- Experience in Enterprise Architecture frameworks (TOGAF or similar is preferred)
- Broad based platform and technical exposure and complete software development lifecycle perspective
- Good presentation and communication skills, with the ability to translate and clearly formulate technical issues for technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong project and team management skills
- Experience managing teams of solution architects in the delivery and implementation of software systems and platforms
- Develop relevant functional and technical documentation
- Must have as much of a combination of experience with the following:
- Rockwell FactoryTalk for Line Monitoring and SCADA
- DELMIA Apriso for Manufacturing Execution Systems
Preferred experience with DELMIA Apriso for Plant Maintenance, Ignition by Inductive Automation for line process interface, IIoT platforms, and I4.0.
- Work with business users to translate requirements into system flows, data flows, data mappings etc., and develop solutions to complex business problems.
- Lead the creation of all design review artifacts during project design phase, facilitate design reviews, capture review feedback and schedule additional detailed design sessions as necessary.
- Interact with Release Management, Configuration Management, Quality Assurance, Architecture Support Database Support, other Development teams and Operations as required.
- Must be familiar with a project’s complete life cycle implementation of at least 1 to 2 projects
Demonstrated Ball Leadership Skills:
- Inspirational Role Model–Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership–Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence–Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder–Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower–Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization.
- Culture Champion–Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented–A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals, and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
- Future Catalyst–Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist–Sees connections others don’t see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $98,500- $150,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans