Senior Technical Support Engineer - User Experience at ServiceNow (Orlando, FL)
At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,700+ customers, we serve approximately 85% of the Fortune 500®, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies™.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
What you get to do in this role:
The Senior Technical Support Engineer will be responsible for managing and resolving the most challenging issues for the ServiceNow platform. This role combines business and technical expertise with excellent communication and organizational skills where you will be doing pro-active work as well as providing tactical engagement on critical issues. You will collaborate with internal teams to ensure our customers are successful with ServiceNow platform. This includes being the last point of escalation within technical support to drive them to closure and the ability to use application/platform knowledge to actively engage and assist support engineers in need of assistance on complex issues.
Other duties and responsibilities of the Senior Technical Support Engineer include:
- Provide guidance on prioritizing and creating efficient workflows to keep up with workload.
- Mentoring & coaching other Support engineers.
- Perform Case quality Checks to ensure cases are staying on track.
- Learn & Deliver training on the new products.
- Analyze & Identify Team/Customer Pain points by tracking feedback from customers, feedback from TSEs, and patterns in volume.
- Actively engage in cross-functional interlock with internal stakeholders (Engineering, Product Success, Readiness managers) on betterment of the product.
- Maintain technical expertise in assigned areas of product functionality and use that expertise to help customers.
- Personal commitment to quality and customer service.
- Frontend browser debugging experience required.
In addition, the Senior Technical Support Engineer addresses documentation and coding gaps using his//her knowledge to help support engineers as well as customers achieve their business goals; While working directly with others to help resolve their issues, you are mentoring and providing a way to expand their knowledge across different subject matter areas. You will ensure all issues are vetted before reaching the engineering team.
Qualifications and technical skills that will lead to your success:
- Master's degree in engineering or technical field(s) + 2 years of relevant work experience (or) Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical field(s) and 4+ years of relevant work experience or 6+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Demonstrated fluid ability to troubleshoot, resolve and provide code level analysis for complex technical issues.
- In-depth understanding of how SaaS products work - possess a deep technical understanding as well as a basic understanding of integrated systems.
- Working knowledge of the components in a web applications stack.
- Ability to act as a mentor to their peers and share knowledge through documentation and participate in various process improvement and product evaluation meetings.
- Demonstrated ownership and can coordinate successfully with engineering and escalation teams to achieve resolution of customer issues and requests.
- Strong Experience with SQL based database systems.
- Well-built experience in several development projects coding in Java or troubleshooting large applications built on Java.
- Proven ability to maintain focus and work effectively with uncompromising attention to detail.
- Ability to work closely with high-value customer administrators and developers that have a variety of experience and skillset.
- Excellent time management skills and must be able to work independently to provide workable solutions.
- Must be able to perform thorough research as well as ask the right questions to successfully resolve or quickly escalate for quick solution.
- Ability to lead by example and enjoy working with other teams to help them troubleshoot potential issues.
- Excellent technical and communication skills for research and discovery to clearly articulate solutions to complex technical problems.
- Identify and help resolve trends with application issues and knowledge gaps within the organization
The following additional skills are preferred but not required
- A fundamental understanding of IT service management and ITIL business process
- Prior ServiceNow Platform Implementation Experience
- Exposure communicating technical issues at various levels of the organization
- Fluid experience writing or debugging Object Oriented code (Java preferred, other relevant technologies ok)
- Hands on experience in Linux and Unix
- Experience with Splunk
- Understanding of remote administration via SSH, SNMP, WMI, Powershell
- Strong Familiarity with Eclipse IDE
- Ability to speak and read Portuguese desired, but not required
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .
From Fortune. © 2022 Fortune Media IP Limited All rights reserved. Used under license.
Fortune and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, ServiceNow.