Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands and grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, and analytics tools.
Mailchimp’s Engineering Operations team is responsible for infrastructure that makes that possible. Team members work closely with our Development, Product, Support and Data Research teams to provide the infrastructure needed to move the company and our products forward. We take a pragmatic and practical approach to our technology stacks; we use proven components and build our business logic on top of understood and supported building blocks. We are growing fast and need people who are eager to join us on this journey of learning and advancing our Engineering strategy. Our definite goal is to build a hybrid infrastructure that’ll allow us to deal with the needs of today and tomorrow while empowering our customers.
Observability Platforms is seeking people with the aptitude, attitude and curiosity to join our journey. We are a small team focused on creating visibility into Mailchimp’s services and infrastructure. Our systems collect millions of data points a day from thousands of systems and are used by hundreds of internal engineers. Through a mix of open source software, in-house developed software, and saas tooling we seek to consistently and reliably improve the ability for everyone from Engineering, Product, and Support to understand the behavior of the services or features they support. The ideal candidate will help us plan, design and implement an engineering strategy to tackle this high impact initiative.
What you'll do here:
- Design, develop, implement and support an evolving observability platform that provides visibility into services and features using metrics, tracing, and logs from multiple services
- Provide guidance to engineers on how they can best utilize our systems to gain confidence that their services are performing as expected
- Collaborate with other teams and departments on how we can improve our systems to provide the visibility they need into the Mailchimp application
- Develop, communicate, and enforce standards for metrics, tracing, logs and analytics
We'd love to hear from you if:
- Experience in building and operating large scale observability systems
- Exposure to cloud services, distributed systems, and various logging applications
- Proficient Linux and networking knowledge
- Demonstrated experience with bringing together inclusive working groups to solve challenges
- Experience with PHP or Golang development
- Familiarity with observability and monitoring technologies such as OpenTelemetry, Prometheus, Zabbix, or Elasticsearch
- Familiarity with other pieces of our technical stack (Prometheus, Alertmanager, Grafana, Kubernetes).
- Ability to utilize automation and orchestration tools to build large scalable systems
- Experience with Google Cloud or Amazon Web Services
At Mailchimp, we understand that experience comes in many forms. We don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them, support them, and hire peeps from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our company stronger. We’re dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team - so if your experience aligns with what we’re looking for (even if you don’t check every single box), please consider applying!
*Mailchimp currently offers flexible and remote options in Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Georgia, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, and Washington. If you are unable to work from one of these registered locations, you will not be eligible for employment.
The salary range for this role in Colorado is $117,000 to $140,000 and final offers are determined using multiple factors including experience and level of expertise. For all other locations, the salary range will vary by geographic market and will be determined through the selection and assessment process for this role relative to your experience and our job qualifications. This position may also be eligible for an annual company performance based-bonus and/or a quarterly performance bonus. Mailchimp complies with applicable law regarding pay transparency.
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an all-in-one marketing platform for growing businesses. Mailchimp empowers millions of customers around the world to start and grow their businesses with world-class marketing technology, award-winning customer support, and inspiring content. Millions of businesses and individuals—from community organizations to Fortune 100 companies—trust Mailchimp to help them connect with their audience with the right message, at the right time, in the right place.
Founded in 2001 and based in Atlanta with offices in Brooklyn, Oakland, Vancouver, London, and Santa Monica, Mailchimp has 1,200+ employees. Through Intuit, we offer employees competitive compensation, best in class perks and benefits. We hire collaborative, customer obsessed, problem solvers and give you ample opportunity to grow and succeed. Find Mailchimp on social.
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (including gender expression and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, weight, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other factor protected by federal, state or local law. Mailchimp also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories, and complies with all applicable state and federal laws respecting consideration of unemployment status in making hiring decisions.