Senior Manager of Software Engineering (Dallas, TX)
When you mentor and advise multiple technical teams and move financial technologies forward, it's a big challenge with big impact. You were made for this.
As a Senior Manager of Software Engineering at JPMorgan Chase, within the Consumer & Community Banking Administration CAMP team, you serve in a leadership role by providing technical coaching and advisory for multiple technical teams, as well as anticipate the needs and potential dependencies of other functions within the firm. As an expert in your field, your insights influence budget and technical considerations to advance operational efficiencies and functionalities.
- Provide overall direction, oversight, and coaching for a team of entry-level to mid-level software engineers that work on basic to moderately complex tasks
- Accountable for decisions that influence teams' resources, budget, tactical operations, and the execution and implementation of processes and procedures
- Ensures successful collaboration across teams and stakeholders
- Identifies and mitigates issues to execute a book of work while escalating issues as necessary
- Provides input to leadership regarding budget, approach, and technical considerations to improve operational efficiencies and functionality for the team
- Creates a culture of diversity, equity, inclusion, and respect for team members and prioritizes diverse representation
Required qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Formal training or certification on software engineering concepts and 5+ years of applied expereince
- Ability to guide and coach teams on approach to achieve goals aligned against a set of strategic initiatives
- Experience with hiring, developing, and recognizing talent
- In-depth knowledge of the services industry and their IT systems
- Practical cloud native experience
- Experience in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field and expertise in technology disciplines
Preferred qualifications, capabilities, and skills
- Experience working at code level
Chase is a leading financial services firm, helping nearly half of America's households and small businesses achieve their financial goals through a broad range of financial products. Our mission is to create engaged, lifelong relationships and put our customers at the heart of everything we do. We also help small businesses, nonprofits and cities grow, delivering solutions to solve all their financial needs.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
We offer a competitive total rewards package including base salary determined based on the role, experience, skill set, and location. For those in eligible roles, discretionary incentive compensation which may be awarded in recognition of individual achievements and contributions. We also offer a range of benefits and programs to meet employee needs, based on eligibility. These benefits include comprehensive health care coverage, on-site health and wellness centers, a retirement savings plan, backup childcare, tuition reimbursement, mental health support, financial coaching and more. Additional details about total compensation and benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
About the Team
Our Consumer & Community Banking division serves our Chase customers through a range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing. We're proud to lead the U.S. in credit card sales and deposit growth and have the most-used digital solutions - all while ranking first in customer satisfaction.