Senior IT SOX Analyst at Veeva
| San Francisco, CA
Sorry, this job was removed at 10:27 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
We are hiring for a motivated, confident, and highly organized Senior IT SOX Analyst, to assist with all aspects of our global SOX Program, with a focus on IT SOX compliance. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of IT SOX compliance and will also have experience with business process SOX compliance, including maintenance and preparation of process documentation, enhancement of current business processes and controls, planning and conducting controls test of design and effectiveness, and ability to understand the impact of financial information systems in a high-growth environment.
What You'll Do
- Support with maintaining the process and controls documentation (Risk Control Matrix, process flowcharts, controls testing procedures) and support with SOX compliance activities for both IT and Finance.
- Partner with business process owners during design, modification, or streamlining of processes and controls with a focus on controls rationalization and identifying opportunities for automation.
- Assist with coordinating and performing process and controls walkthroughs both internally with process owners and externally with auditors. Provide direct assistance to control owners for business process controls and IT SOX activities, including but not limited to ITGC and automated controls coordination, SOC1/2 report reviews, and key reports testing.
- Assists with the identification of risks and controls and the preparation of test scripts.
- Perform and document tests of design and tests of effectiveness for key controls.
- Assist with assessing the results of SOX testing, including the assessment of identified control deficiencies, and work with the process owners on ensuring timely remediation.
- Collaborate with external auditors and with co-sourced partners on the successful execution of the Company’s SOX program.
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Business, Management Information Systems, or another relevant degree
- 3+ years relevant work experience in IT and Finance SOX compliance. Public accounting/consulting firm experience strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of ITGC and application control concepts
- Proficient in process flow mapping and control documentation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to engage and partner confidently with stakeholders across the organization
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to identify issues and connect the dots across multiple areas
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a deadline driven, dynamic environment
Nice to Have
- SaaS industry experience
- Understanding of common SaaS applications supporting financial business processes (e.g. NetSuite, Salesforce)
- CPA, CIA or CISA certification
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]