Senior Business Analyst - Business Underwriting & Loss Mitigation (Washington DC)
Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Business Analyst - Business Underwriting & Loss Mitigation
Summary: As a Senior Business Analyst at Capital One, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to major company challenges. You will team with world-class professionals to develop and test strategies that ultimately impact the bottom line. And you will do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation.
The associate will be a member of the Program & Growth pillar of the Business Underwriting & Loss Mitigation team within Business Cards & Payments (BC&P). This role involves setting credit policies that determine the requirements for customers to receive individual business credit evaluations by trained underwriters. The associate will:
- Generate credit decisions to increase profitability of the business
- Develop and manage credit program renewals and monitoring
- Set and execute monitoring strategies for our SBC & CML portfolio. This includes monitoring customer performance in the context of individual decisions and at the portfolio level.
- Form actionable insights to manage our high line customers by developing frameworks to drive engagement to grow our best customers
- Develop strategies to drive Connected Business Underwriting usage and leverage this data to actively manage the portfolio
- Collaborate and communicate with partners across job families in order to improve experiences and outcomes for customers and other associates
- Analysis: Identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement and solve for them using analysis to make strategic or tactical recommendations
- Product: Perform modeling/analytics to assist new product and pricing strategies for various lending products
- Marketing: Support direct-to-consumer marketing efforts for select products, and strategic intent for products distributed through the retail channel. Help build targeted insights to inform the design and development of new customer experiences, as well as breakthrough technology and concepts designed to deliver on new go to market strategies
- Credit Risk: Support step-change improvements in credit performance by connecting drivers of future consumer credit trends to historical behavior, creating risk models, and testing hypotheses using rigorous monitoring and analysis
- Execution: Involve problem frame-works, develop hypotheses, test and analysis, solution development, scope operational feasibility, lead implementation efforts and develop a monitoring plan
- Partnership: Work closely with colleagues across Capital One including: IT, Sales, Operations, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, volume, service, and profitability
- Strategic & analytic orientation: A proven track record of decision making and problem solving based on analytics. Conceptual thinking skills must be complemented by a strong quantitative orientation, given that a large part of the business is based on rigorous analytic marketing & credit risk management
- Strong business judgment, leadership and integrity: He/she should be a tenacious decision maker, able to bring a healthy, aggressive, yet responsible approach to business
- Strong communication skills: Impeccable written and oral communication credentials, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Clear results orientation: display an intense focus on achieving both short and long term goals. He/she should be able to drive and execute an agenda in an uncertain and fluid environment
- Successful track record of thriving in a fast paced, entrepreneurial and dynamic environment. Previous consulting experience is a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in any quantitative field (Business, Math, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Science, Engineering)
- At least 1 year of experience in analysis
- Master's Degree in Business or quantitative field such as Finance, Economics, Physical Sciences, Math, Statistics, Engineering
- 1+ years of experience in Statistical model building
- 1+ years of experience in market research
- 1+ years of experience in SQL querying
- 2+ years of experience in business analysis
- 1+ years of experience in consulting
Capital One will consider sponsoring a new qualified applicant for employment authorization for this position.
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
New York City (Hybrid On-Site): $112,400 - $128,300 for Sr. Business Analyst
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).