Security Specialist (Casual) at The Aerospace Corporation (Washington DC)
The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
As a member of the Personnel Security team, you will be responsible for the destruction of classified and sensitive but unclassified (SBU) material.
This position is for a casual employee. Casual employment is normally for fewer than 20 hours a week, usually non-continuous, irregular, and infrequent.
This position requires 100% on site work in Chantilly, VA
What You'll Be Doing
- Coordinate classified material destruction with various program offices in our facility and perform the destruction according to corporate policy and government regulations
- Collect classified and sensitive but unclassified material and transport it between buildings for destruction
- Assist with random package inspections of personnel entering and exiting the facility
- Assist with the delivery and pick-up of secure crates for classified moves between buildings
- Additional duties include performing a variety of clerical and administrative tasks within the Security and Safety Directorate
What You Need to be Successful
- High school diploma or equivalent and 3 years of experience
- Current TS/SCI; U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
- Knowledge of handling classified and sensitive but unclassified information
- Must possess strong organizational skills, be detailed oriented, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Excellent driving record with a valid driver's license
- Ability to lift 40 lbs
- Ability to push/pull rolling carts up to 300 lbs
- Ability to stand and walk frequently
How You Can Stand Out
- Experience utilizing classified shredders
- Work well in a team environment with confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changing situations rapidly in a fast-paced environment
Our leadership philosophy is simple: every employee, regardless of level and role, can demonstrate leadership. At Aerospace, our commitment is our people. To cultivate our talent and ensure that we have a strong pipeline of future leaders, we want individuals who:
- Operate Strategically
- Lead Change
- Engage with Impact
- Foster Innovation
- Deliver Results
Ways We Reward Our Employees
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at [email protected]. You can also review Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.