About the Role:
As VP, SDK Sales, you will be responsible for identifying and selling Papaya's strategic partnerships with traditional and challenger banks and other mobile app providers. The role will generate significant long-term agreements with the ultimate goal of driving revenue growth.
Teamwork, flexibility, communication, and a willingness to learn are of the highest importance. Papaya believes that diversity helps build an inclusive culture where all team members can grow, contribute, and feel valued. If you agree, we'd love to hear from you!
What you would be doing:
- Identify partners and opportunities for the Papaya SDK, with the goal of driving. Examples of partner types include traditional and challenger banks, providers of apps for payroll, healthcare, and funds management.
- Contact prospects and effectively sell the Papaya solution.
- Negotiate business terms and manage contract process through closure.
- Work closely with product regarding partner product needs and prioritizing new features and functionality that will drive additional opportunities.
- Down the road, hire and manage a small sales team.
We’d like to hear from candidates with:
- Minimum of 10+ years of business development or sales experience, and comfort selling to C-level executives
- Highly strategic with strong business acumen and critical thinking ability
- Proven ability to negotiate agreements and close deals
- Independent, highly motivated and comfortable working at a fast pace
We'd be especially excited if you have experience in fintech, banking or billing, and previous experience with SDK's and mobile apps within the fintech industry.
Papaya started in 2016 with a goal to alleviate the stress of paying bills. We’ve adopted our phones for everything else, why not eliminate the need for calls, mailing checks, and tedious web forms? We are expanding mobile share of the $4T US consumer bill space, and are one of the fastest growing startups in Los Angeles.
The key to our success? Our people. From engineering, sales, to operations, Papaya’s team is comprised of some of the most intelligent, humble, diverse, and resourceful people you’ll ever meet. With the help of successful investors including Sequoia Capital, First Round Capital, and Silicon Valley Bank; Papaya is building something special. Our impact-driven team receives competitive salary, benefits, and equity.
We love to celebrate our incredible group of hardworking employees - and it shows. We’re proud to say that we were voted one of Built In LA’s Best Small Companies to Work for in 2022! Learn more and come join us. Find out what the next step in your career could look like here at Papaya.