VP, Sales Development (BDR) at AlertMedia (Austin, TX)
Do work that matters.
At AlertMedia, everything we do supports our mission: to save lives and minimize loss by facilitating timely communications when an emergency situation threatens personal safety and business continuity.
Our values, which reflect our view on what’s important and what’s right, include: We’re humans not robots, Customers always come first, We work better together, Simplicity is our strength, Our reputation is priceless, Hard work pays off.
AlertMedia is seeking an inspiring, talented VP, Sales Development to bring leadership, strategic input, mentorship, and teaching-by-example to our growing Business Development Representative (BDR) organization in our consultative, conversational sales environment. This functional leader will guide teams of high-performing BDRs while partnering closely with marketing and other departments to build out a strategic, sustainable BDR program. This leader will be responsible for expanding the BDR teams to further AlertMedia’s incredible growth, while managing the teams within a repeatable framework for excellence that includes recruiting, training, developing, and optimizing the AlertMedia BDR engine.
As one of the fastest growing software companies in the nation, we’re focused on finding the best talent and building the best team to continue accelerating our rapid growth to keep up with our demand!
Who you are:
You are a high-energy sales leader who is passionate about winning, strategic by nature, and has a proven track record of success in managing and mentoring BDR teams for B2B software solutions. You are a "player-coach" who is not afraid to roll up your sleeves. You know managing is more than sitting in an office pulling call stats. You are a mentor who leads by example and actively engages with your teams. You've had past success in a consultative sales role and have managed BDR teams, helping them move the needle in the sales process. You are driven to succeed and love helping others win! You are also a mission-driven, customer-first personality who while inspire your organization.
What you get to do every day:
- Build out a world-class BDR team. Hire, train, and mentor Business Development Representatives.
- Via a strong management and operations system, ensure BDR-generated opportunities are sourced in line with company targets.
- Create highly collaborative, driven, and engaged BDR teams.
- Lead an organization that develops BDRs to exceed goals through coaching and incentives, while helping BDRs grow their careers.
- A successful candidate will see their BDRs graduate to seller roles through hard work and demonstrated success. You will care about the career path of your team members.
- Plan, forecast, and drive new hire capacity to ensure the team is grown in tandem with the needs of our sales organizations and the supply of inbound demand from marketing. Key partners and support mechanisms include our Sales Operations, Demand Generation, and Learning & Development resources.
- Partner with sales and Marketing Operations to ensure the BDR teams have the best tools to do their job efficiently.
- Become an expert on AlertMedia’s product offerings and sales process, so you can train, guide, and mentor your team to success.
What you bring to the role:
- Proven track record of delivering sales pipeline at large enterprise accounts through leading outbound prospecting teams.
- Responsible for successfully creating and iterating the sales development process, methodology, campaigns, hiring profiles, training, and enablement.
- Experience managing an outbound prospecting team or teams composed of BDR managers and BDRs.
- Prior enterprise sales experience in a consultative sales role within a SaaS environment a plus.
- A highly collaborative, creative & strategic thinker.
- A strong contributor to a positive, transparent, energetic, and compassionate culture
- Excellent communicator with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, while working collaboratively with other teams.
- Must be located in the Austin, TX area or willing to relocate
Why you’ll love working at AlertMedia:
- Competitive Base salary + Competitive commission plan + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Generous and flexible time off and parental leave policies
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees!
- Amazing rewards and incentives – we love celebrating each other!
- The vast majority of our positions can be 100% remote
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 5 years in a row and numerous other awards
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information, please visit www.alertmedia.com
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.
Must be located in the Austin, TX area or willing to relocate