Ready to challenge yourself to dive deep and think big? Ookla, the company behind Speedtest and Downdetector, is a team of passionate individuals who have turned clever ideas into unique products and a thriving business. Globally, millions of tests are performed every day across the Speedtest ecosystem on the web, desktop and mobile apps, embedded in routers and deployed in thousands of servers. With all that usage comes countless ways to dissect and analyze our data, and plenty of exciting opportunities to optimize our monetization strategy. It also gives us the ability to help make the internet better, faster and more accessible for everyone. If you crave the chance to do your best work in a flexible work environment where we value individuality and fun as much as we value talent, we want to hear from you.
As the Head of Sales for the APAC region, you will have a dynamic and progressive approach to drive revenue performance across Ookla’s enterprise sector. This role is responsible for leading and growing a team of seasoned sales professionals that evangelize Ookla’s full product set to enterprise customers across the Asia Pacific region.
In this role, you will drive business and executive relationships, assist your team with strategic planning, support your team in closing new business at a rapid rate, and function as a key conduit to the rest of Ookla’s business. You will help your team identify key opportunities, markets, contract vehicles and solutions. You will establish deep business and technical relationships using your knowledge of the telecom industry and our customers’ environments. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in technical sales leadership, they will possess a business background that enables them to drive customer engagement at the executive level, and they will have a history of building highly performant enterprise sales organizations.
We are people first, employees second at Ookla, and we know there is no one perfect path to any job. If you’re excited about the work we’re doing and think you have a creative new approach, please apply whether or not your experience matches the job description. We strongly believe diversity of all kinds makes us better. We are an equal opportunity employer actively working to build an inclusive workforce at all levels of the company. [Read our latest diversity report here]
Expectations for Success
- Drive revenue and market share across APAC
- Develop and execute against strategic regional sales plans
- Enable and lead the regional sales team to exceed sales targets
- Advocate internally on behalf of the sales team and our customers
- Assist with advanced contract negotiations
- Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts
- Work closely with sales operations and marketing to identify and track joint goals around funnel leads, pipeline revenue, sales opportunities, and conversion
- Hire, motivate, and lead a high-performing team through coaching, top-tier talent retention, and directed recruiting efforts
- Exhibit in words and action a passion for inclusion, diversity and equity
- 10+ years of enterprise-level technology-related sales leadership experience
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to influence, work cross functionally, build relationships with key stakeholders and thrive in highly collaborative and fast paced environments
- Problem-solver with strong analytical skills, strategic thinking, business acumen and the ability to find creative ways to optimize performance
- Proven track record of leading high performing teams that develop strong pipeline and revenue performance
- Proven knowledge of lead flow process and sales and marketing automation tools
- Experience with selling nascent products/services into new markets
- Familiarity with internet, cellular,broadband, and telecom infrastructure technology
- Self-motivated with a track record of appropriate urgency and follow-through
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with both clients and internal audiences, able to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Interested in building teams, programs, processes.
- Highest level of integrity and commitment – driven to constantly improve results.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute at a high level
- Knowledge and expertise with Ookla’s product offerings, including our licensing, data, awards and advertising products, or experience with similar products.
- Ability to travel regularly to meet and connect with prospective clients, existing clients, and to attend Ookla corporate and team functions
- International business experience, with special focus on defining and growing new markets
- B.A./B.S. degree or equivalent, Masters degree or international business education a plus.
- English required - Multilingual applicants a plus
Ookla has great benefits including competitive compensation. We also provide the best hardware, software, and tools available for you to do your work.
We are open to having this person anywhere in the APAC region