VP of Customer Success at BetterUp (Remote)
Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
The Vice President - Customer Success contributes to the mission of BetterUp by shaping the vision, strategy, and execution plan for the Customer Success team. You will have demonstrated experience scaling Customer Success and designing innovative client engagement strategies, ultimately helping to transform our client organizations through their people. This person will bring to the team visionary leadership, relationship mastery, executive presence, and experience building teams. You will partner closely with Account Management and Deployment teams to drive adoption, renewals, and expansions.
What you’ll do:
- Drive overall strategy and execution in Customer Success team
- Set the tone for a differentiated and transformative client experience which represents BetterUp Mission and Values.
- Develop innovative and scalable customer engagement strategies to drive maximum adoption and value realization.
- Support CSMs by participating in client meetings to ensure retention and growth of existing customers.
- Establish and actively manage key KPI’s for the function.
- Mentoring and development of the CSMs and CSM leaders, which includes 1:1’s, coaching, recruiting, hiring and training new Customer Success Managers on the post sales process.
- Consistent development of their team by leading and modeling our best practices for managing the customer journey.
- Monitor the health and progress of their team’s customers, and coach CSMs on account management strategies.
- Develop Executive level relationships with customers.
- Serve as an Escalation point for CSMs and their customers.
- Participate in process innovation, development, and rollout across the broader Post-Sales team, ultimately driving efficiency and scalability of the team.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Experience leading and scaling a Customer Success team
- Consistent track record of driving utilization, NPS, and retention of customers.
- Experience with creating 1:1 and 1:many programs that create customer delight throughout the customer journey.
- Ability to scale our Customer Success engagement activities, while increasing the impact.
- 10+ years total experience, with 3-5 years in Customer Success related function
- SaaS experience (required)
- Direct experience supporting or consulting large enterprise customers (required)
- Prior experience in L&D / HR / talent or transformation work (ideal, not required)
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Workdays (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.