VP, Account Director (Remote) at Fishawack Health
We are seeking a VP, Account Director to successfully lead key client account(s) by providing sound, innovative, and strategic leadership. This individual will be required to establish and maintain effective senior-level client relationships. The VP, Account Director is responsible for client success and satisfaction, brand planning, strategic and tactical deliverables, and profitability of all assigned brands. The VP, Account Director will also play a significant role in new business activities and initiatives.
- Own and lead the client’s business within the agency. Lead the agency team with a thorough knowledge of marketing strategy, competitive landscape, challenges and opportunities that will influence the brand, market research techniques, brand planning, promotional venues, scientific background, and medical/legal requirements
- Develop and maintain senior-level client relationships, providing value as a strategic thinker, problem solver, and team leader
- Lead agency teams in annual brand planning
- Build and support a strong and strategically focused client/agency team
- Direct and motivate Account Supervisors and Senior Account Executives to effectively deliver value to our clients
- Guide team members’ career paths and skills development; conduct and coach direct reports and team members through regular feedback sessions
- Manage and monitor account financial performance, including group productivity and profitability
- Collaborate with creative team to initiate, develop, and produce the best possible creative product
- Ensure proper management of issues regarding timelines and cost efficiencies
- Propose and supervise client relationship-building activities
- Develop, monitor and/or advance internal operating procedures with Project Management Department to ensure efficiencies
- Identify and participate in the development of new business opportunities with existing or prospective clients
- Must possess a deep and thorough understanding of the pharma/healthcare advertising industry
- Marketing acumen and demonstrated experience in leading an integrated agency team in brand planning, budget development, execution and measurement
- Demonstrated effectiveness in managing multiple clients and account teams
- Demonstrated success at developing valued relationships with senior-level client management
- Demonstrated success as strategic partner to clients
- Digital and multi-channel experience
- Must have participated actively in new business initiatives including planning and pitch presentations
- Must have proven success at identifying opportunities and securing organic client growth
- Superior presentation skills
- 12+ years of Brand AOR account experience, 5+ years of pharmaceutical advertising agency experience
- 5+ years of leadership and supervisory experience
- Rare disease experience highly preferred
- Brand launch experience required
- Experience developing, producing and leading multi-channel marketing plans and initiatives required
- Candidates must demonstrate hands-on proficiency in developing and delivering presentations in PowerPoint
- Must be able to travel based on client business needs (client meetings, market research, etc.)
- BA/BS degree required
Note: A presentation to a group of peers will be required by the top finalists.
About Fishawack Health
Fishawack Health is the leading global commercialization partner for the modern life science era. Established in 2001 and headquartered in the UK, the organization is powered by a 1,300+ globe-spanning pack of strategic, creative, and scientific experts. We empower healthcare professionals and patients with the knowledge they need to live better lives.
Our core operating units—Medical, Marketing, Market Access, and Consulting—bring together best-in-class capabilities from around the world. We empower our pharmaceutical, biotech, and medical technology clients to navigate the most complex of ecosystems, helping them on an effective path to develop, launch, and grow their brands, services, and portfolios.
Our internationally recognized, award-winning teams collaborate across operations in the UK (Brighton, Fleet, London, Knutsford, Manchester, Oxford, and Sale), Ireland (Dublin), USA (Chicago, Evansville, Minneapolis, New York, Philadelphia, San Diego, Scottsdale, and St. Louis), Greece (Athens), and Singapore.