AHEAD builds platforms for digital business. By weaving together advances in cloud infrastructure, automation and analytics, and software delivery, we help enterprises deliver on the promise of digital transformation.
AHEAD is committed to a community of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups, and all other candidates who will contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives here at AHEAD.
We are on this journey to ensure that all AHEADians feel that they can authentically show up and belong at work.
The SDDC Pre-Sales Specialists are the technical experts that collaborate with our AHEAD account teams to help identify, qualify, and build solutions that support our customer’s Digital Business transformation.
The AHEAD Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) Pre-Sales Specialist role focuses on growing product and services revenue related to VMware across all of AHEAD’s geographies. As a specialist you will support pre-identified sales opportunities through customer education and lab demonstrations, solution architecture and design, and services and product quoting. In addition, you will also work with AHEAD’s product manufacturer partners to build and nurture existing relationships. You will also act as an evangelist, promoting AHEAD solutions and expertise as they relate to VMware SDDC. Finally, a core focus for AHEAD is to build relevant solutions that can weave multiple disciplines such as VMware SDDC & Cloud, VMware SDDC & Enterprise Service Management, etc.
- Collaborate with clients to understand their strategic, business, and technical needs
- Educate clients on complex solutions and integrations in a clear and articulate manner
- Identify gaps in the client environment and collaborate to design their SDDC strategy and roadmap
- Articulate AHEAD’s framework and engagement approach around our SDDC offerings from a technical and business perspective
- Partner with our practice leaders to continuously improve our offerings based on market demands, technology advancement, and client innovation
- Research new solutions and develop collateral for field enablement and customer facing use cases
- Develop and maintain relationships with manufacturer channel, product management, and engineering resources
- Become a thought leader by educating and sharing best practices, building deep relationships with technical leaders, contributing to publications, white papers, conferences, etc.
- Playing a key role between Sales and Delivery in ensuring a smooth project execution and successful implementation
- At least 10 years of enterprise level experience in the IT industry and 3 years of experience in pre-sales
- VMware’s SDDC portfolio
- VMware public cloud offerings such as: VMware Cloud on AWS, Azure VMware Solution, Google Cloud VMware Engine
- Nutanix AHV and associated software
- Knowledge of leading HCI platforms such as: Dell EMC VxRail & PowerFlex, Nutanix, Cisco HyperFlex
- Healthcare applications such as Epic
- Public cloud integration
- Automation technologies
Highly knowledgeable of the key SDDC platforms that we support, with at least 5 years of experience architecting solutions the include products like:
Strong preference for candidates with experience in one or more of the following:
Experience with advanced capabilities such as VMware’s VCF portfolio and Nutanix’s Automation & Orchestration products like Calm and Karbon is highly desirable
Through our daily work and internal groups like Moving Women AHEAD and RISE AHEAD, we value and benefit from diversity of people, ideas, experience, and everything in between.
We fuel growth by stacking our office with top-notch technologies in a multi-million-dollar lab, by encouraging cross department training and development, sponsoring certifications and credentials for continued learning.
We understand that you have a life outside of work. That’s why we offer flexible paid time off, paid company holidays, and the ability for you to manage your work schedule as needed.
More Information on AHEAD
AHEAD operates in the Cloud industry. The company is located in Chicago, IL, Brentwood, TN and Atlanta, GA. AHEAD was founded in 2007. It has 1154 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability Insurance, Dental Benefits, Vision Benefits, Health Insurance Benefits and Life Insurance. To see all 139 open jobs at AHEAD, click here.
Read Full Job Description